Valued Contributor

Lisa Robertson Auditioning for a Red Carpet Job on Facebook?

What is with Lisa taking a poll for best dressed at the SAG awards? This seems really over the top, even for her.

Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson Auditioning for a Red Carpet Job on Facebook?

Lisa has held a few live chat sessions on her facebook page with her followers. She had one recently during the Golden Globe Awards, chatting about the fashions on the red carpet. She had thousands of people chatting with her and each other, who apparently enjoyed it.

Why does this bother you? Seems like a fun evening for anyone wishing to take part.

Super Contributor

By occasionally checking in on Lisa's FB page, I can only summarize her posts by saying I think she is just trying to keep her name out there. She seems bored but also seems to be trying to keep her fan base interested in her by talking about the common things people like to talk about. The weather & food seem to be the majority of posts right now and then exercising makes it's way in there too every week. I think if she continues on with these boring posts, people are going to lose interest real quick.

She's hosted a few live chats so far too on her page and again I think it's just to keep herself out there and communicating with her fans. She doesn't seem to appear to have anything more to talk about.

The weekly poll questions she asks in addition to the Red Carpet fashion talk seem so silly to me. I highly doubt she really cares what people answer with when asking those questions but her fans seem to enjoy it and truly feel like they have her as a "friend". Some people post to her everyday. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Perhaps Lisa has taken retirement and is doing these facebook/blog things for a hobby. There is a ton of girls out there making money off their blogs. I am not saying they are making 6-7 figures but they are making enough that they do not have to work. Some are getting into the furnishings end of things, free decor items. I don't know what the blogs are for fashion but there is always an angle to everything where a very entrepreneueral person like Lisa is involved. I am sure she has a reason for this.

Honored Contributor

I can't understand why people look at her facebook and then get all h&b'd by it......

I guess my advice would be to *try hard* not to go there......

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Lucky charm said:

I can't understand why people look at her facebook and then get all h&b'd by it......

Exactly. If you don't like her, then why obsessively look at her FB page and make comments here.

Valued Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Lucky charm said:

I completely agree. And perhaps a few should not post on every LR thread......
Honored Contributor

Lisa doesn't have a "few thousand" people chatting with her. She may have a few thousand comments but they aren't all by different people.

A couple of people on her FB page requested that she do a live chat for the SAG awards, like she did for the Golden Globes.

Super Contributor

What just is Lisa's fashion background??... what is her Education? Does she have a degree in design and fashion from an accredited school? Why does she think her opinion matters at all as far as fashion? All she wears is black. Wishful thinking on Lisa's part to think she can go from a salesperson on a shopping network selling poopori...to the Red Carpet

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 annabella said:

What just is Lisa's fashion background??... what is her Education? Does she have a degree in design and fashion from an accredited school? Why does she think her opinion matters at all as far as fashion? All she wears is black. Wishful thinking on Lisa's part to think she can go from a salesperson on a shopping network selling poopori...to the Red Carpet

And why don't they? Why does anyone have to have a fashion background to have an opinion on style?

What is your background or education that makes you think you are qualified to critique as much as you do on these boards?