Frequent Contributor
I'm 5'7... actually 5' 7 1/4 Smiley Wink I haven't worn heels in years because I was uncomfortable feeling like a giant. And then I met someone who is 6' and she not only wears heels, she totally rocks em. So my husband finally talked me into a pair of 3" heels and I totally didn't die. I wore them last night for our date night and now it's opened up a whole new world of shoes. I'd been scouring shoe departments for flats all these years. And turning down all those cute heels. So I was wondering if any other tall ladies get self-conscious. Like is it my imagination or does it draw attention to us? Do you wear heels or opt out?
Honored Contributor

Re: Tall ladies & high heels

You have to wear it like you own it.

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'10 and never met a heel that I didn't like. I don't think I ever went above three inches. I tend to wear flats more these days with slacks, but my love of heels remains.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I wore them until my mid-40s ... one accidental fall while wearing gym shoes (broke bones in foot) ... and my high heel days were over!

Respected Contributor

To be honest, I don't consider your height at 5'7" to be that tall or too tall for wearing three inch heels. Lol, that makes you 5'10" and hardly a giant. I don't think that at 6ft tall that I am a giant either, but l wouldn't consider wearing three inch heels though.

Honored Contributor

I think anyone who wants to wear high heels should. How tall one is should not matter.

Respected Contributor

I'm 5'8"...I wear high heels, platforms,flats....whatever works best for my outfit. Right now I am wearing a "boot" for an exercise injury.
Frequent Contributor

See? That's the right attitude! I don't know how or why I got it in my head that I was too tall... I mean I get comments about it all.the.time... people saying I'm tall. Maybe they mean it as a good thing??

Haha... you totally should too though. I just remembered another friend who's 6' and she doesn't hold back either. She's moved away so I don't see her anymore but I remember her wearing high-heeled espadrilles with jeans. She was stunning.

On 1/25/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

To be honest, I don't consider your height at 5'7" to be that tall or too tall for wearing three inch heels. Lol, that makes you 5'10" and hardly a giant. I don't think that at 6ft tall that I am a giant either, but l wouldn't consider wearing three inch heels though.

Super Contributor

I wear heels and I am 6 ft 2. I love shoes

Frequent Contributor

You're exactly right. Thank you Smiley Happy
On 1/25/2015 brewhaha said:

You have to wear it like you own it.