Valued Contributor

Has anyone heard of Stitch Fix and given them a try? First time I heard of it was tonight.

Contributor
So funny to see this thread, I was about to post the same :-). I heard about it about a month ago from a friend who subscribes. Then just yesterday another friend posted a link on her Facebook page stating she just started it. I really want to try it but am holding off until I lose a few pounds. Seems like a great concept and simple. There is no requirement to purchase and can cancel any time. The only money lost is the $20 styling fee if u don't keep any items sent. If you Google stitch fix you will see their site which explains exactly how it works. If you decide to try it please post your experience.
Honored Contributor

Here is a tip from their site-

How to Figure out Your Shape

Each of our bodies are different and when we’re talking about style it’s important to pick pieces that will work well with your specific shape. Please reference the descriptions below and make sure to let your Stylist know your body shape so we can best style you!

You’re probably STRAIGHT SHAPED if

Your bust, waist and hips are in a straight line, up and down

Your waist is not well-defined

You also may have smaller breasts and a flatter bottom — a shape sometimes called “straight” or “boyish”

Straight Shape

You’re probably an HOURGLASS if

You’re balanced top-to-bottom and cinched in the middle

You have larger breasts and hips

You have a smaller, well-defined waist

You may also be curvier on the bottom

Hourglass Shape

You’re probably an INVERTED TRIANGLE if

Your shoulders are wider than your hips

You have moderate-sized breasts, waist and narrower hips

You may also be slender

You have the appearance of broad shoulders

Inverted Shape

You’re probably PEAR SHAPED if

Your hips are wider than your shoulders

You have a defined waist

You have also have a curvier bottom

Pear Shape

You’re probably APPLE SHAPED if

You are fuller around the midsection

You have slimmer legs than the rest of your body

You have a less defined bottom and hips

Apple Shape
Esteemed Contributor

My DD got me a gift subscription over a year ago. There are some neat things about SF.

They have my sizes down perfectly. But the last few "fixes" for me have been very disappointing regarding styles. No matter how specific I am in describing what pieces I am specifically looking for, they invariably send me things I do not want.

My daughter, on the other hand has gotten quite a few things from them.

One neat thing is that they've introduced me to brands I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

They seem to do a nice job of actually styling the pieces...they put together outfits, suggesting ways you can wear the individual pieces. (Not that I really need that, but if you are looking for suggestions, they have some good ones; and the photo illustrations are very well done.)