Regular Contributor
I heard that Amy Stran sang on air. When was that and what was the occasion? I never watch her but I'm just curious why a host would sing a song during a presentation. Sounds strange.
Super Contributor

Re: Did Amy Stran sing on air?

I have not seen her recently, but a while back when I was watching she did sing ... I believe it was with one of the Frozen presentations ...

And I also remember reading somewhere that she had a career as a singer before she came to QVC ... I did not check her profile, which might be a good idea ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Respected Contributor

She had poll asking viewers to post the theme song that would play as you enter a room. Every so often she read a post and would sing a line from that song. To my ear she is like most of us, a shower singer, but she was having fun and livining up the presentation.
Esteemed Contributor

It was like a bad karaoke performance without music, yet sadly it was obviously planned.
Regular Contributor

On 1/24/2015 wildcat fan said: It was like a bad karaoke performance without music, yet sadly it was obviously planned.
Then I guess it was on her late night show that I never watch, right? Did she sing the whole song or just a line or two?
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Tenners said:
On 1/24/2015 wildcat fan said: It was like a bad karaoke performance without music, yet sadly it was obviously planned.
Then I guess it was on her late night show that I never watch, right? Did she sing the whole song or just a line or two?
It was the beginning of a show that started at 5:00 p.m. Monday. She sang a few lines from several songs, and it appeared she would continue doing it throughout the show, so I changed the channel.
Valued Contributor

QVC should start reining the hosts in, they are out of control.......................what a difference on HSN. Too bad they do not have the quality clothes that QVC as.

I am so sick of the inane chatter, ignorant remarks, like the Shawn moon nonsense. Not so bad what she said, it was her justifying it, and bringing Congress into the discussion.

Super Contributor

I did look on her profile ... here is what I found ...

Amy Stran joined QVC in February 2009 as a program host. You may remember seeing her on soap operas All My Children and One Life to Live or as the host of Premium TV, a show promoting cable networks. She earned a bachelor’s degree in theater from Catawba College in Salisbury, North Carolina.

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Respected Contributor

I like Amy, but no matter how much I might like a host, the singing, Happy Dancing, giggling, dumb faces, shaking booties, Karate kicks, and all the other stuff that has nothing to do with shopping, have driven me away, probably for good. Hoping Kathy Levine does a better job.

Can't these people just give us the information we need, show us the merchandise, and then shut up? If I want I Loe Lucy or The Three Stooges, Ill tune in to them.

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Perkup said:

I like Amy, but no matter how much I might like a host, the singing, Happy Dancing, giggling, dumb faces, shaking booties, Karate kicks, and all the other stuff that has nothing to do with shopping, have driven me away, probably for good. Hoping Kathy Levine does a better job.

Can't these people just give us the information we need, show us the merchandise, and then shut up? If I want I Loe Lucy or The Three Stooges, Ill tune in to them.

Is Kathy Levine hosting somewhere?