Super Contributor

Does anyone here follow the Recovering Shopaholic Blog by Debbie Roes?

I discovered this blog last fall and have found it to be very interesting. Debbie is a former shopaholic who writes about all kinds of shopping/wardrobe issues. She usually writes an in-depth post two or three times a week. Many readers comment on her posts.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone here follow the Recovering Shopaholic Blog by Debbie Roes?

I do, maddie.

I think Debbie shows us a real human side. She doesn't just tell readers what we should be doing. She sets goals and then when she falls short, she clearly admits it. Something to which I can relate!

Super Contributor

I knew I was in good company!
Respected Contributor

I've read the blog off and on. I've been interested in downsizing and simple living for a long time. I don't overspend, but I do sometimes buy the wrong things. And I tend to put my nicest clothes aside for special occasions - that may never occur! I'm working on more careful shopping and wearing what I have.
Trusted Contributor

I was following her blog for a while but had to cut back on my computer time, so I haven't read any of her posts lately. She really puts herself out there, doesn't she? I'll have to stop by her site soon and see what she is up to.

Paws and enjoy life.
Super Contributor

I do. Recovering Shopaholic's is one of two blogs I follow faithfully (The Vivienne Files being number one).

I talk a good game, but I continue to struggle with having too much stuff. I really hoped after I lost 70 pounds and donated 49 bags of clothes to Purple Heart that I would have learned something. I have spent all of January trying to tame my too-stuffed closet, though, and am disgusted that I continue to buy too much. I'm not in debt, but seriously, nobody needs the amount of clothes that I own.

I'm taking Debbie's new challenge for 2015, as Project 333 didn't really help me to curate my wardrobe.

Super Contributor

I also follow the Vivienne Files.

Some other blogs I follow:

Into Mind

A Piece of Toast

The Stripe

Un-Fancy

Grechen's Closet -- she does a minimalist post on Thursdays