Honored Contributor

What do you think of the athletic wear trend?

I like it!

I've seen quilted sweatshirts used in place of pullover sweaters...a cute, updated look.

In fact, I've seen some embellished sweatshirts too, worn with a crisp white shirt underneath.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of the athletic wear trend?

It suits the area that I live in. Very casual. It sure beats pj's in the grocery store.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

All those stretchy, clingy pants are definitely NOT my friend. I live a life of perpetual summer so warm things like sweatshirts are not on my mind at all.

Valued Contributor

Tights alone should not be worn on the street. Tights should be worn under a dress. You cannot wear them alone and call them street clothes. JMO

Esteemed Contributor

ITA. It looks nice when done in the dressy casual style. I hate the PJ's in the grocery store look. I am usually hot even though I live in the Midwest, so I rarely wear any type of sweatshirt. Our DGC play lots of soccer & they wear the cutest athletic clothes I have ever seen.

Valued Contributor

I don't like this look,and I hate pjs in the store. Once in a while a real dress down is ok, but really what happen to just being a Girl?
Esteemed Contributor

The people in the fashion industry hate women
Respected Contributor

I like it!

Yoga pants, leggings and colorful fun jackets and tops suit my lifestyle.

I found some really cute athletic wear at Target. Nice jackets and T shirts.

I think we all know by now that tights are not leggings. I would never wear tights instead of pants, but I wear leggings with a nice tunic top almost every day.

~Enough is enough~
Frequent Contributor

I like it when it is appropriate, like during the day for running around and such. However, I don't like to see that it is the only thing some people wear. Variety is nice!
Esteemed Contributor

If, someone has the looks to carry off the look, it will be okay. However we know many do not and most like being too casual and looking like slobs. I lived through several 'fitness' crazes and the clothing that goes with it and it's just not all that novel.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust