Frequent Contributor

Susan Graver- getting pretty pricy!

Does anyone else think Susan Graver is getting expensive? By the time you add shipping and tax lots of items are over the 50.00 mark- for just plain cotton blouses or tops I haven't bought anything from her in many years but I do think she has some cute things
Super Contributor

Re: Susan Graver- getting pretty pricy!

yes, I notice that so many designer lines have raised the prices so much... I will just go to Nordstroms or Macys and buy something as nice or better with a coupon and get a much better deal. Susan Graver is low quality fashion and her prices are getting ridiculous.

Super Contributor

In a lot of cases a top is close to $60 with shipping and tax. I've been buying SG for years but haven't bought anything for about 9 months.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. But I like her clothes, although I have sent some of her things back for a variety of reasons. I have a lot of Denim & Co, but Susan Graver would be next in line as far as what I have bought. Her items are usually well made, fit well, are a quality garment. I have bought clothes at Kohl's & other stores that have shrunk, faded, and fell apart. I would rather pay more for a quality item than less for clothes that end up looking bad turn out to be a disappointment. However, due to her higher prices, I don't buy as much as I would like to.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Keep an eye on "as is" and lunchtime specials. I've gotten some great pieces at what I consider to be great prices. I've also paid full price, but I consider the wearability to be worth it.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I have been buying her clothing for years but now I feel the items are WAY overpriced. I can do WAY better. Sorry Susan....you lost me.

Honored Contributor

yes!!!!!!Her prices are becoming outrageous!Most tops are close to 60.00 with shipping and tax.......

Valued Contributor

I agree. I do love a lot of her things, but always find myself saying I can get similar ones cheaper on sale at Macys or Kohls. I'm getting more frugal as I age...lol. Drives hubby crazy. I'll tell him I really liked something but didn't get it because it wasn't on sale, and he always says "what's that got to do with it?" {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

I find Susan's prices excellent compared to say, Micheal Kors from Nordstrom which is similar at first glance, but has not worn nearly as well in my experience.

Also at Nordstrom - my favorite cotton blouse is now 79 to 92 plus local tax and I pay to drive there besides.

So, no, I don't think Graver is overpriced - although I'd love if it were priced like the cheapy versions I've seen elsewhere. There are cheap versions - just not as good as Graver.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm beginning to like ""as is"" very much I haven't bought SG but I have made 3 ""as is"" purchases from other lines with zero problems but at a significant savings.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.