Honored Contributor

What's your favorite neckline and why?

I love turtlenecks in winter when it's cold and other times of the year I like a scoop neck because I love necklaces. I'm not comfortable in a "V" neck or crew neck because they feel so "closed in" to me, although they're so popular.

What about you?

Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite neckline and why?

I prefer a crew neck or a V neck that's not too deep, because I have a scar from open heart surgery & it shows when I wear too plunging a neckline & I don't enjoy seeing or showing it. Since I now live in the desert, I don't like turtlenecks.

Honored Contributor

Boatneck; it makes my pear shape more proportionate by broadening my shoulders.

Plus, it's flattering with or without a necklace.

Respected Contributor

I prefer a scoop neck. Suits me fine. When it's colder I'll wear cowl neck or sometimes even a turtleneck. All with a necklace/pendant/chain.

Honored Contributor

I will wear t-necks in the cold weather just for warmth, but my face is kind of round, so always wear a V-neck jacket or cardigan to off set that somewhat, with a necklace/pendant, something to draw the attention away from the t-neck. I prefer V-necks (not too deep) for that same reason. I find that most boat necks are too wide and expose my bra straps, so I tend not to wear them as much, although I do like them. Actually I am wondering if I can put just a few stitches in each side and make them more appropriate for me to wear.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I absolutely hate high necklines - turtlenecks - high crew necks, etc as I am size 12 with a larger bust (40DD) and broad shoulders with narrower hips and these make me look and feel so matronly (like my grandmother and her friends looked) and huge. They also are way too confining feeling for comfort for me. A wide scoop neckline usually does the same. That's the same reason I'm not overly fond of leggings or narrow legged jeans or pants.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 ECBG said:

I love turtlenecks in winter when it's cold and other times of the year I like a scoop neck because I love necklaces. I'm not comfortable in a "V" neck or crew neck because they feel so "closed in" to me, although they're so popular.

What about you?

I sound pretty much like you although I do like V necks!

Honored Contributor

I like deep V necks the best. I do have several boatneck tops that are very flattering too. I like cowl necks rather than turtle necks.

I stay away from crew necks and scoop necks.

Honored Contributor

I don't really have a favorite neckline. I buy tops that I like and make them work for me.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

Definitely V necks. I hate anything around or near my neck. I also have a round face, so the V is more flattering, IMO. Boat necks are good as well.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.