Honored Contributor

What do you think will be the fashion trends this next year?

I wonder about the colors, type of clothes that will be shown for selling. I don't have any old favorites I want to stick around, I'd like new colors and some new styles. I know there's not a lot you can do, but I've seen some runway shows (professionals) and some fashions (colors) and they knock my socks off. Things I'd like to see.

Do you have any preferences you'd like to see?

Super Contributor

Re: What do you think will be the fashion trends this next year?

The Pantone color are out and they are showing what designers are doing with those colors.

I don't see myself doing anything different than I'm doing now. I'm already midway through making my Spring and Summer accessories.

Honored Contributor

I think grey will still be big this fall. I think sleeveless may be less popular this year.

Respected Contributor

What I have in my closets and dresser drawers will be my fashion trends. It will have to be something really special that I do not have to make me a buyer.

Respected Contributor

Just read an article that says:

shirtdresses

yellow

gingham

black and white

culottes

blue and white

kimono style trench coats

Head to toe white

medium size Obi belts

One shoulder cuts

roomy denim

polo shirts

military green

layering with skirts - as in skirt over a dress, shorts, pants

Respected Contributor

Head to toe white sounds like a disaster for me. I'd do it in almost any other color, especially black. I am looking for leather culottes to replace my old ones that were too large and gave away. So far I am being thwarted by high prices and it's forcing me to look at faux leather. Something I never thought I'd try.

Honored Contributor

I like looking at the trends, but at my age of 50+ I know and wear what I like. If I happen to buy something that is on trend than ok, but I do not shop to buy trends. As far as this spring and Rock_chick's list I will NOT be wearing gingham, culottes, one shoulder tops, anything kimono style, roomy denim, or layering skirts with dresses and pants.
Respected Contributor

I'm thinking all these trends are a bit out of my league. I'm starting a new (I suspect dressier) job on Monday and will be living full time in our very modest RV. I will likely not be buying anything new, and all white on my plus size may or may not happen. I love my white things but they get dirty so easily.

Super Contributor

yellow

black and white

blue and white

roomy denim

polo shirts

I edited the above list to stuff that I already own.

What is a kimono style trench coat? A trench coat is one specific classical style, a kimono is another specific classical style. I can't picture what that will look like.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Kathleen said:What is a kimono style trench coat? A trench coat is one specific classical style, a kimono is another specific classical style. I can't picture what that will look like.