Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WEDNESDAY 1/21/15

Good morning friends! I don't have much to report but wanted to say hello. I brought Kyanne in for her "last day at work" because I will be training someone tomorrow and Friday.

Last night I didn't do much around the house, but I did make it to boot camp this morning and for once in my life came home and wanted to crawl back into bed. "Wanty" was insisting that I need some donuts but resisted - it was out of my way and would have made me late for work.

I do have 2 orders I am waiting to receive and hoping I get a couple winners. Our weather is slightly cooler today with tomorrow going back to normal cold and wet for this area, and we desperately need the rain.

What is everyone up to? DD Jeep update: Our Marine advised her to not buy until she is done with training, because she will not want to be paying on a vehicle she can't even drive. I think she had decided she will just curb her "Wanty" by test driving at every Jeep dealership in the area.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WEDNESDAY 1/21/15

Great advice to wait on purchase!. Oh that Mr. Wanty! I have been struggling a bit also---nothing specific just this and that!!

Oh wonderful---that you will be able to show your replacement the ""ropes""!. I know Monday morning you will be ready to begin your next journey!.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. Hope Kyanne enjoys her last day at work -- that is cute. Good for you resisting "wanty". I need to resist the TSV pants -- just gave away three pairs of pants and two pairs of jeans yesterday. Definitely a "wanty" item, and I must stay strong.

For some reason, I woke up in the middle of the night with serious knee pain, ringing in my ears, etc. I did get back to sleep for a little while, and then the alarm went off. Oh well.....

Yesterday, I posted the good news that my nephew's wife and great nephew left the hospital yesterday afternoon. My SIL said she is quite week, but hopefully my nephew can take good care of her and their new son.

DH and I are headed down to Mexico to go to the dentist today. This visit has been delayed far too long, but I am glad we are finally going there. Fingers crossed there are no problems with our teeth or getting back and forth.

My plan is to go to Curves after we return in the afternoon. Not sure about a walk as well, but that would be nice.

It is supposed to turn cooler here, as well as being cloudy. But, no needed rain expected as far as I know.

I saw that Jean is working today, and I'm sure she is happy about that. Hope she has a good day. Waves to Arlene, twinny, Rosa, Gayle, LindaR, Marijane, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Good morning! Sound like everyone is busy and doing well.

Not much new going on here. Tonight I will go to church for a fellowship meal and Bible study, I always look forward to this.

I had to buy a new blow dryer this morning, a need.

Right now I am not really in a shopping mode of course that can change in an instant!

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, chilly,cloudy day here.....we are supposed to get some snow...not sure how much, then another storm coming on Sat......spring can't come soon enough for me!

Good luck at the dentist to you LindaL amd your DH. Hopefully your niece will be stronger each day. my DIL just got home last night too.....I thought 4 days in the hospital after a miscarriage was a lot but then again maybe it's a normal time.

Have a nice time at your fellowship dinner Rosa, does everyone bring something?

Kathleen I think Kyane will miss going to work with you and your co workers will miss her and most of all you. I hope your replacement does well. good idea that your DD waits till after basic training before getting a car.... Not much going on here either, I did order some tops,four,from Macy's on Monday,received them today and a pair of BAre traps boots.....the tops are Macy's brand, Style and Co..they are ones that can be worn just about all year round...all were on sale plus I had a coupon.

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Valued Contributor

Genny1, yes, everyone brings something. Tonight it is a breakfast for dinner theme, I am taking a coffee cake.

Esteemed Contributor

RC, that is so nice you could take Kyanne to work with you today. I bet you are excited about your next adventure in the work force. Good thing DD put the new jeep on the back burner for a while. No fun when you can't drive what you are paying for.

LL, I hope your knee pain & ear problems go away quickly. Good luck at the dentist. That is probably my least favorite place to go. Prayers for your great nephew & his mommy for a speedy recovery.

Rosa, our church has a potluck the first Sunday of each month. It is a fun time of fellowship for us. Everybody takes something. I am not in a shopping mode either. I mostly just like getting out of the house & a nice lunch somewhere. Shopping makes me very tired. I am good for one store & then ready to head home. DH loves to shop, so I just people watch when I am done with my looking around.

Marijane, Prayers for your DIL & all of you. 4 days would be a nice rest up thing. Yes they do usually send people home much to quickly IMO. It is somewhat cloudy & cooler here today. We got a dusting of snow overnight, but it still counts for our snowfall count down. They say sunny tomorrow & near 40 by Friday. We need snow so that the snow mobile trails can reopen.

We are waiting for the furnace guy to come clean our furnace. We have been playing phone tag with him since last October. That is our excitement for the day I guess.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Hard to believe the week is half over already. It's a beautiful day out - bright, sunny, and warm - temps in the high 50s. I have to get moving in a little while, as I'm meeting my friend at Cheddar's and then we're going to see American Sniper.

Good to hear your nephew's wife is doing well, LindaL. Marijane, four days after a miscarriage sounds awfully long, especially these days when most surgery is pretty much "drive-true." My cousin was home the day after her mastectomy!

Twinny, I need to get my furnace cleaned, but then again, it's been hardly used this year...thankfully.

I hope the new Wednesday night fellowship I want to try has pot lucks - I miss them; we used to have wonderful ones at my Hawaii church. I was going to go tonight, but then my birthday celebration came up, so maybe next week.

Guess I'd better get moving - have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

You folks that have weekly potlucks---wow!. Our church has a quarterly potluck and it is up and down on attendance. It is connected to a meeting---so folks should attend but it doesn't always happen. February our ladies group has a potluck for Valentine's day party. We don't have a very large group but some ladies will bring more than one dish. Christmas we had a nice turnout and lots of food for our Christmas event.

Weatherman says rain will begin sometime during the night--some heavy events.