Frequent Contributor
Was looking through the GILI line tonight and remember Lisa's excitement when each new product was revealed. She was constantly talking about future itms and shows. The wasn't a pause or any downtime.......which leads one to think the decision to go was rather quick. Maybe sometime in September or early October. She stayed long enough to get through her Christmas shows with her designs. As she would had to have worked on Spring designs, wonder if we'll see them, or if the orders have been cancelled. Being a curious person...still just wondering. Can't imagine her just hanging and having no idea what she'll do. Doesn't seem to be her MO. A health or personal crisis are the only things that would lead me to that action. And no, am not a stalker...just always admired her for her accomplishments and public life free from scandal.
Frequent Contributor
Sorry for the misspells.....darn iPad.
Super Contributor

lisa was very excited. she cant hide that

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 Angelfire said: Was looking through the GILI line tonight and remember Lisa's excitement when each new product was revealed. She was constantly talking about future itms and shows. The wasn't a pause or any downtime.......which leads one to think the decision to go was rather quick. Maybe sometime in September or early October. She stayed long enough to get through her Christmas shows with her designs. As she would had to have worked on Spring designs, wonder if we'll see them, or if the orders have been cancelled. Being a curious person...still just wondering. Can't imagine her just hanging and having no idea what she'll do. Doesn't seem to be her MO. A health or personal crisis are the only things that would lead me to that action. And no, am not a stalker...just always admired her for her accomplishments and public life free from scandal.

A lot of speculation there ........ maybe she'd been planning it for a long time ..... we don't know.

I'm sure Lisa's next steps will be the talk of the message boards the minute more is known. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Frequent Contributor
Looks like Lisa is Enjoying her life for a while. She worked hard, probably paid for her home, $$$$ in the bank. Now she can sit back and watch the other Host start pushing the envelopes. I think she got tired of selling items she just wasn't into.
Esteemed Contributor

Angel

Your speculation seems appropriate. It also could have something to do with new management adding to the situation. You watch CEO's come and go making millions of dollars in a really short span while you spend your lifetime spending your youth to give it your best. While people who know nothing of what you have done or about the business come in and tell you that you are not trying hard enough and you have to do more for less.

Funny never have been a Lisa follower or Facebooker but felt she really stepped up Q's game and now that she is gone go to check what she says on her page. She shares more interesting product info than I get from any of the Q pages. Don't want to watch reality TV types on Q that act like idiots and look at their armpits or their goal its to make the Q shopper look like a fool;

Liked that Lisa was very intelligent.

Honored Contributor

More than likely she just had some great offer and decided to move on but I think there is a clause in the hosts contracts that they cannot do certain things until a year has passed so probably will not hear anything anyway for a while. Why speculate that she was forced out, left because of new management, has health or a personal crisis? It seems some are just driving themselves nuts with all the rumors. She seems to have left on good terms with QVC so it's obvious she wasn't forced out!

Super Contributor

Lisa is a young woman. I find it hard to believe she would choose to give up a high-paying job with tons of perks without another lined up. It doesn't take long to blow through savings when nothing is coming in, and Lisa doesn't remind me of the type of person who would live frugally. And then there's health insurance, etc., to consider. Also, she really seemed to enjoy her job.

I still say there was a "dispute." I think she wanted a cut of the GILI line or it was something related to "her" line. I think she loved bringing the GILI items to the Q and wouldn't have up and left without a very good reason. "Designing" this line gave her job at the Q new life and a break from the mundane.

I don't think Lisa has a plan. I think the Q called her bluff and she was left with no choice but to explore other options. I don't think it will be easy for her as her popularity/notoriety pretty much ends with the Q. No offense to her, but I don't think anyone who doesn't watch the Q knows who she is. Her stint on Project Runway and the other fashion segments she's done are a result of her affiliation with the Q. I doubt we'll see her on more shows like this.

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 Angelfire said: Was looking through the GILI line tonight and remember Lisa's excitement when each new product was revealed. She was constantly talking about future itms and shows. The wasn't a pause or any downtime.......which leads one to think the decision to go was rather quick. Maybe sometime in September or early October. She stayed long enough to get through her Christmas shows with her designs. As she would had to have worked on Spring designs, wonder if we'll see them, or if the orders have been cancelled. Being a curious person...still just wondering. Can't imagine her just hanging and having no idea what she'll do. Doesn't seem to be her MO. A health or personal crisis are the only things that would lead me to that action. And no, am not a stalker...just always admired her for her accomplishments and public life free from scandal.

I certainly don't think it was her health. It could be a personal matter or she could have just been "over" the pressure to constantly outdo herself.

I, as Heart of Spade said, felt it could also be some form of a dispute though I firmly believe she left on her own. I do think QVC sales could have dropped since her departure. Many watched and bought due to Lisa R.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Lisa had an online party during her last show--hosts who leave on bad terms disappear.