Super Contributor

Linda's LCNY vest doesn't close

A size too small.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Linda's LCNY vest doesn't close

They do this with the models all the time. Some jackets and vests there is no way they could button or zip them. Really bad for the consumer, and I don't know why they do it because it has to cause more returns. Some of the hosts are bad about it also. However, hosts like Shawn like things really fitted and tight.

Honored Contributor

I wish the ""skin tight"" fad would pass. I hate seeing the outline of someone's navel........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

The other day Jackie the model had a LOGO top on. They told her to turn around and you could see the entire outline of her bra. Tight clothes don't make you look skinnier, just uncomfortable.

Respected Contributor

I agree. If the top/cardigan/jacket/vest/coat is unable to be done up, then it's too small. I don't understand what is so wrong with wearing the correct size. What matters is how the clothes look on the body, not what size the tag inside (that nobody can see) says.
Super Contributor

On 1/20/2015 bootsanne said:

The other day Jackie the model had a LOGO top on. They told her to turn around and you could see the entire outline of her bra. Tight clothes don't make you look skinnier, just uncomfortable.

To me, it looks like someone gained weight and couldn't afford to buy new clothes.

Respected Contributor

Happy to know I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I always thought it was odd that Lisa R. was always wearing a size too small. Then, I noticed several of the models doing it more and more. Wonder why? Do they think it's more slimming to wear a size smaller? A little ridiculous when you are unable to zip or button it.

Super Contributor

I must confess I have a lightweight casual jacket that doesn't close. It fits great in the shoulders and isn't something I would wear closed anyway. I never button denim jackets or most blazers, but most of mine would close, if I wanted to. I need extra room across the chest and don't always want to buy a size large enough or it will look too big elsewhere. That's why I can never buy button-down shirts or blouses.{#emotions_dlg.sad} I do agree with all of you that most of the time the hosts/models wear clothing that looks too tight. It drives me crazy when clothing spans across the chest or looks super tight under the arm pits. And yes, Lisa was famous for this.

Regular Contributor

On 1/20/2015 bootsanne said:

The other day I saw Jackie too and she had on a LOGO top and they were selling the belly band panties. They measured Jackie's waist before she changed into the panties and after. Before Jackie's waist was 43" and after about 41". I mention this because they always say Jackie wears a large and I always thought she looked closer to at least a 1X. Well, if you look at QVC's size chart a 41.5' waist is in the 1X range and 43.5' for a 2X. This PROVES they either are not being honest about the sizes some of the hosts/models are wearing or they are clearly wearing clothes that are too small.

It seems every time I see someone wearing a jacket or something that closes, they are definitely too small. You see the models and hosts instinctively reach to close the jacket or vest and it won't close.

I can't figure out why they do this, it makes absolutely no sense.

Super Contributor

I was told by a seamstress that used to sew for my mother, that to see if a jacket or a vest fits, button (or zip) it all the way up, cross your arms in front of you. You should be able to close it all the way up, and it should not pull across the bust or the shoulder seams. If you can't close it or cross your arms in front of you, it is the wrong size and you should go up a size. I thought this was basic knowledge regarding how clothing should fit!

Many models and hosts wear clothing that is too small for them. If the intent is for it to look fitted, it doesn't. It just looks too tight. There's a difference. I love fitted and tailored clothing. If I'm wearing a suit I want the jacket fitted. But I don't want it tight. I want to be able to button it and fold my arms in front of me comfortably. There's nothing worse than wearing clothing that doesn't allow for normal movement and feeling restricted in your clothing.