Contributor
Why when they are showing a top do they always show it on the models with jackets, a scarf wrapped around the neck, etc. I want to see the top and the neckline.
Esteemed Contributor

Me too! No Sale here.............

Frequent Contributor

To sell multiple items without giving them airtime. Cost effective. The consumer calls CS and asks for the item number.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/19/2015 Angelfire said:

To sell multiple items without giving them airtime. Cost effective. The consumer calls CS and asks for the item number.

That does makes sense from their perspective. But I wonder how many of those sales are offset by people who don't purchase the item being presented because they can't see it? That's happened to me several times... if I can't get a good look at it on the models, I may not buy.

Super Contributor

You won't find me buying a top that they show only with a cardigan or jacket over it so you can't see how it looks or fits the body......I believer there is a reason they do that, because its not flattering on........now if they show 2 or 3 different views, with and without jackets, then that's OK..........but it they only show it on one model with a jacket, I refuse to buy it!!! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

And why, when they're selling a jacket or coat, is it almost always open? I like to see how the item fits when its buttoned or zipped.

Super Contributor

Not only that but the scarves are humongous.

Honored Contributor
On 1/20/2015 jmsmall said:

Not only that but the scarves are humongous.

QVC is obsessed with scarves....they even show them on models wearing sundresses or shorts! I think they put jackets, etc over the tops they are selling because the plain, solid-color tops are pretty boring by themselves.....

Trusted Contributor
Lets not forget all the stupid huge sunglasses. ;p
Esteemed Contributor

They are showing you different ways to style the pieces, but it is comical, and annoying if you are interested in something. Like last night when they were showing the new WWC jeans, and all the models were wearing long tops so that you couldn't really see any of the jeans' details.

Sometimes I think Mickey Mouse is at the helm.