New Contributor

I am so "same old, same old".. navy, gray, and black pants. I so want to try a pant in a color without looking and feeling like a clown. I am a classic dresser... nothing I own every goes out of style. BUT I would love to try Susan Graver's top in platinum A216903 with her cotton leggings in sea teal. Any suggestions?

Valued Contributor

I think that if I was going for color, I would definitely go with the green family first. So I think they would look nice. Then maybe you could venture into another color later on, especially for spring and summer. I'm like you.....Gray, navy, black and khaki are my standbys...lol....but I do have a couple of green pants and capris. Not bright, though. Good luck with your new color!!Smile

Honored Contributor
I can't even imagine someone being afraid to wear colored pants. What do you think is going to happen when you wear them? Fashion police?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
I can't give suggestions because my wardrobe of pants consists of black and denim. I've tried different colors throughout the years, but I always go back to my basic colors. I prefer to have brighter colors in tops, jackets and scarves.
Honored Contributor

I personally don't want to draw attention to that, ahem, heavier part of my body. So I stick with neutral pants and bright or print tops. Black, denim, and khaki for me.

Super Contributor
On 1/15/2015 05gage25 said:

I think that if I was going for color, I would definitely go with the green family first. So I think they would look nice. Then maybe you could venture into another color later on, especially for spring and summer. I'm like you.....Gray, navy, black and khaki are my standbys...lol....but I do have a couple of green pants and capris. Not bright, though. Good luck with your new color!!Smile

I agree to start with the green family!

I understand, LellieSue, about your concerns--good for you for considering a change! Best wishes!

Respected Contributor

I have pants in colors other than black: brown, olive green, teal, red, burgundy, off white among them. I wish you well in finding colors that work for you.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I know what you mean....I had a pair of red wool pants many years ago...they looked nice but eventually I got rid of them, that was the last time I wore a brighter color on the bottom. I just feel more comfortable in the darker colors but I do like the look of the brigher colors on others.

Esteemed Contributor

No suggestions here because I totally agree with you. I hate red pants on a woman (great if you're 6 years old) and for stylish appearance: gray, black and white are my choice. However, if you see a color that you'd like to 'try' ....go for it...life is too short.

Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

P.S. They tell us we have 30 days to return!