Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 1/14)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was up at 5am, not that I had planned it. I was also up at 2am, not that I planned that either. I checked at my pulse rate was around 140, so I knew I was have an A-Fib episode. Normally, in the late hours it is around the low 60s. Right now, I am fine with a normal rate and normal rhythm. I have never figured out what triggers it in me, but I just keep on doing my usual routine and hope the meds keep me from getting a stroke. I'm fortunate in that there are those who get episodes that go almost non-stop for a week or even longer. Some people end up with it being permanent non-stop and they have to have a surgical intervention.

I used the early hour up to do more things around the house. I found some duplicate low cost items tucked away for future use and forgotten. These went into the donation box. I can buy more if and when needed.

In one of my breaks, I saw the Q pitch a product called "Flip-It Cap." The interesting thing was that they used a bottle of WEN to demonstrate its use as WEN and some other products are notorious for the pump not working after the product gets too low. This item helps get the remaining product out. Said product with shipping and tax added in would cost me $26 if ordered from the Q. Naturally, I had to check Amazon. Yes, the Big A carries it at a slightly higher price but no shipping. Since I wouldn't pay tax on the shipping at Amazon, I would save $5 if I got it there. What can we do with those little savings? We can stash it away in a savings envelope and watch the savings grow.

We are now almost at the mid-point of January. If we have made it this far without purchasing a "want," then we can finish January without purchasing a "want." This doesn't mean that we can't window shop, but we can file away ideas in our mind or a wish list for possible future use.

I know I definitely will be working on Friday, so I will do what I can around here but I'm going to pace myself more today. I do have an order from Amazon arriving today, but it is part of my Subscribe and Save. That program is one I monitor carefully to make sure it is still meeting my needs.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 1/14)

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Hope that you are okay -- I know that it could be much worse, but those A-Fib episodes must be frightening. Glad you have work scheduled for Friday.

I don't have much time to post since I need to take DH to the urologist for his surgery follow-up. I think that surgery worked well, and the visit should be short. However, the doctor's office is about an hour drive away, so I need to block out time to get there. It doesn't help that the last time we went there was a bad accident near the office which almost made us late. The up side is that the office is pretty close to a Trader Joe's. I love shopping there, and I will definitely take advantage if possible.

I forgot to answer Kathleen yesterday -- yes, I think I am totally recovered from the accident. My arm still hurts a little sometimes, but.....

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I hope the appointment for DH goes well. We don't have a Trader Joe's but I've heard good things about it. I'll check to see if there is one in Columbus, Ohio when I venture there for an outing. It is a 3 hour drive one way but it is a great outing when the weather is good.

I'll have the A-Fib forever; my goal is for it not to become worse or to have a stroke, as there is a five times increased risk of stroke with it. I have to admit the first month after the diagnosis, I kept waiting for the big farewell. It doesn't keep me from doing things at this point but I do watch excess in certain things.

Oh, I like that handbag on the Liz Claiborne show. The magic words used to tempt people to buy were "only day at this price." I'll keep it in mind even if it is $5 higher. That is cheaper than paying for the return on an item that didn't work. In the meantime, I can wait for the reviews to post.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, that sounds alarming to me. I'm glad you are regulating and monitoring and under the care of a Dr.

Linda, I still have not been to a Trader Joe's. I hope you get to the appt ok. I hate it when traffic makes me late. I have to cross busy train tracks on the way to my new job so need to remember. I was freaking out on the way to the interview but thanks to gps and my racecar driving, I found another way and was there 15min early.

I woke up at 3am, but was very tired last night and went to bed around 8:30. I laid around for at least an hour but did not feel tired so I finally got up and out the door. I am having lunch with my best friend today, then doing dinner with Linda(R)! Looking forward to some time with friends.

Well, it is break time and I brought puppy with me so I guess we need to get some exercise.

Valued Contributor

Good morning!

Woke up to ice and a dusting of snow. No trouble getting work, thank heavens. The majority has already melted. This weekend it is going to be in the 50s'.

I am going out of town to Raleigh NC to visit friends, will be leaving early afternoon Friday. looking forward to this. Since the weather is nice I thought this would be the time. Now to pack, I am the worst, I take way too much, but I am always prepared!

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--Enjoy your trip. I completely understand about over packing. I start with the best intentions but then the "what if" questions arise. I usually come back with some items not worn. Yes, we are prepared. Weekend in the 50s? Sounds like a great time for a trip! Enjoy!!

Kathleen--I've been dealing with two years this coming July. I have an excellent cardiologist. I use a pulse oximeter regularly, and also do my blood pressure daily. I can send a question to the cardiology practice via their portal and either get a phone call returned or email by the end of the day. An individual I know ended up in the emergency room when their HR reached 240. That can happen at times, but not with me so far.

Enjoy your lunch and then the dinner with LindaR. The time is passing quickly until your new job.

Esteemed Contributor

For some reason, I seem to lose a post a day. Jean, I am sorry that you were awake so early but glad that your a-fib problems are manageable right now. I am glad that you will be going to school on Friday. Hopefully the roads will be good for you.

LL, I hope your DH's appt. goes well today. I have never been to a Trader Joe's but they sound like fun.

RC, It will soon be time to start your new job. How exciting for you. Lunch out with friends is one of my favorite things to do. You really are lucky to get lunch & dinner out with friends on the same day.

Rosa, Your weekend away from home sounds like fun. I pack like you do as I don't like to forget something important & then be shopping when I could be having fun on the beach or eating at a nice restaurant. DH packs light & we are always shopping either for shoes, flip flops, or a jacket as he didn't take the right one with him in the first place. The last vacation he forgot to take his electric razor, so that was the first necessary purchase for him. I usually take two jackets as when we are traveling around the east coast it may be warm or cold.

DH had his appt. today at the hearing center & he seems to be able to hear now with comfort & not lots of blaring noise around him. I was so fidgety yesterday but after a good nap yesterday afternoon & a decent sleep last night I feel like a "new woman" again. I did 3 loads of wash this morning, so that is my workout for the day.

The weather is getting better & better as the week goes on. Today the trees are beautiful as they are coated with a silvery frost. Tomorrow DH & are are going on a little shopping spree. We both need a few things for our upcoming trip. Lunch out will be a plus for me too.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi to everyone. I have been good this week...no unnecessary purchases. It will be beautiful here in the desert. I am meeting linda l for lunch on Monday. Jean, glad you are having a break this week. I have a friend with afib and she finally had a pacemaker put in. Tinny your trip sounds great. I must say, I am a good packer...can do a week in a carryon. Have a great day.
Respected Contributor

I so overpack---a week in a carryone would be a dream. That is some careful planning/packing.

Looking forward to dinner with Kathleen tonight!!! Also looking forward to a promise of a warmup and sunshine!!!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies..chilly day here about 21 degrees,no sun either. But they are saying it will be 45 on Sunday...so so,e relief is in sight.

Hope you DH Drs apt goes well LindaL and you don't have too long a wait. sometimes the wait winds up longer than you actually see the Dr!

Nice to hear that your DH finally got his hearing aid adjusted Twinny....I have been noticing myself that the volume on the TV is starting to go up...guess that comes as we get older. Have a nice day out tomorrow and you get what items you are going for. how's your Mom doing....is she still getting all of the services? I think you had mentioned she goes Back to the eye Dr at end of this month,hopefully she will have improved.

Have a great weekend Rosa.....and I hope you have great weather.....I always pack way too much too and like Jean,Twinny always come back with clothes I have not worn. I always say to myself as I drag my suitcase thru the airport that next time I will not take as much. my DH usually takes pity on me and he takes mine and I his.......he has traveled a lot for business so knows how pack. Sydsgma maybe you can help us in that area! have a great lunch witn LimdaL next week. Kathleen and LindaR I hope you both have a great dinner tonight,