Esteemed Contributor

Lord & Taylor website-such a shame

Ordered shoes on their web site Saturday. Went through the entire process of placing the order. received a E Mail confirming the order. This AM got a E Mail saying Whoops, so sorry we really don't have those shoes. Same thing happened a few months ago when I ordered a purse on line. I ordered some clothing items and one item did not fit. Tried to return to the local store. I had charged them on my L&T card. Tags were on the item and I had a printed copy of my order from from the Confirming E Mail with the prices paid.Even though I had used my L&T card the order did not show up in their computer system and they wanted to only credit me with the current selling price which was lower than I had paid. I had to get a dept manager involved and she had to call customer service to get it taken care of. Their web site is clunky and difficult to use. I am over and done with ordering on their web site. I will continue to shop in the stores but no more web for me. Such a shame that a major retailer cannot adequately compete in today's E Commerce environment.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lord & Taylor website-such a shame

I TOTALLY agree! I have tried to navigate the website many times and have given up in frustration. It is VERY slow, is unable to sort and has unavailable items listed. I'll stick with Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Good way for a company to go under quickly. I wouldn't shop there again. There's so much competition out there, it's a buyer's market.

Honored Contributor

Sort of OT and I really really agree with the OP being PO'd, the last 2 things I ordered didn't work, I am done with ordering things I can't try on first.

Esteemed Contributor

Their site is so slooowwww. I often give up and log out.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Their on line internet web site has accepted orders for items not in stock, and I have had this conversation in person at Lord & Taylor with their representatives.

If near by best to walk in and shop in person, or order on line and hope for the best....

Trusted Contributor

A few months ago I was considering a pair of boots on their site. They were on sale, but still well over $100. When I saw the cost of the shipping and handling, I couldn't believe it. They wanted $15.95 to ship the darn things! They make QVC's shipping and handling charges seem like a bargain!

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 vaccinia said:

A few months ago I was considering a pair of boots on their site. They were on sale, but still well over $100. When I saw the cost of the shipping and handling, I couldn't believe it. They wanted $15.95 to ship the darn things! They make QVC's shipping and handling charges seem like a bargain!

I guess I am lucky there are 3 within easy drives to me

4 counting the city, and one more.

This has always been one of my favorite places to shop

Vacciania, don't they have shipping deals though?

Esteemed Contributor

I have 3 stores with driving distance but the shoes I wanted were not available in my size at any of them thus my web attempt. I will continue to shop at the B&M stores but no more web for me.
Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 KathyPet said: I have 3 stores with driving distance but the shoes I wanted were not available in my size at any of them thus my web attempt. I will continue to shop at the B&M stores but no more web for me.

Would they order them for you from the store?