Regular Contributor

The description box on the left of the screen disappears. Only the price remains? Why?

I am watching some other channels with an occasional switch back to Isaac's show tonight. The floral boyfriend cardigan was on for nearly 4 minutes without a caption to describe what it was. Only the price information was on screen. The description for it came on right before they changed to Project Runway coverage. Then it was gone. Then they did it again with the cashmere scarf. What is accomplished by not keeping the full description info on the screen for the full product presentation? OK now they are doing it with the purses. Obviously it is deliberate. If I order an item online the full info is there. It does not disappear and then re-appear. What is accomplished by this other than frustration?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The description box on the left of the screen disappears. Only the price remains? Why?

I have noticed this for a few weeks now, and it's irritating me to no end! I saw something one night that I liked and thought I might want it, and kept thinking, but what is it? Give me the name of it! It finally flashed back up over the price area. Sometimes I practically yell at the TV.

I don't know whose bright idea it was to do this, but if anyone else is anything like me, it's probably costing them sales. I don't buy when I'm irritated or frustrated with them, for whatever reason. And I've bought zero, zilch, since they started doing this! It's the same old thing they do with other things, like clothes. They "improve" them! They've apparently never heard the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Valued Contributor

Re: The description box on the left of the screen disappears. Only the price remains? Why?

I know....I've seen this happen, too! And like you, kittymomNC, I get mad too. My husband wonders why I am talking to the television like a crazy person.....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Regular Contributor

I also have noticed this and find it inconvenient. I do not remember the item number but do remember enough of the description to search for the item later. I find the pricing display confusing as well. It is difficult to tell the item's price from an easy payment on some items.
Esteemed Contributor

I find it annoying too.....makes it more difficult to start the process if you want to order.