Honored Contributor

Fashion RESOLUTIONS for 2015

This thread is a follow up to my daily thread, Fashion RESOLUTIONS for 2014, where I decided to take a year off from purchasing clothing and focused on remixing pieces I already owned.

You can check out the original thread here:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/fashion-talk/topic/424616/fashion-resolutions-for-2014.aspx

I've decided to do the same thing for 2015, at least while BF is un(der)employed, and remix my items.

I do have some pieces that might only have a wear or two left before they will go into the donation pile (fading, pilling, etc.) so in anticipation, I have ordered some "refresher" pieces before I begin this year's resolution.

I will keep similar guidelines, for as long as my circumstances allow. So far, BF has been valiant in photographing me each morning before I leave for work, but if he finds employment and the mornings get too busy, I may need to switch to a week's wardrobe posting.

* I know that I have a bat mitzvah this year (and I will probably have a role in the ceremony) so if I don't have something suitable for the temple (and her colors) I may have to get a new dress.

* I have one engaged family member, but I don't know if the wedding will be this year, so the same thing goes for the dress situation.

* This past summer I missed the family beach vacation, so I didn't need a new bathing suit, but I might need one if I can go this summer (I most definitely would NOT photograph that!).

These were my rules from 2014-

No purchases of clothing items for 2014, EXCEPT:

1) replacing any "foundation" pieces that wear out, like tights/panties or holey socks (I wouldn't go a year with ill fitting undergarments!). I will also add basics like my tanks/turtlenecks, which are my go to layering pieces.

2) getting existing pieces tailored/upcycled

I did get several pieces tailored this past year, so unless I lose a lot of weight I don't anticipate needing to do that this year. I also took in a few items myself (see the post about the D & Co. jeans).

3) any unforeseen occasions

I also want to "recombine" my fashions to include things I don't usually pair together- jackets/dresses, scarves/skirts, etc.

So, please feel free to jump aboard with your own resolutions, photos, and remix ideas! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion RESOLUTIONS for 2015

Here are my updates:

I purchased two Versace scarves at a deep discount from Off Fifth.

Honored Contributor

I haven't received these items yet, so I don't know what I will be able to keep and what I will have to return. I have never ordered from this site (or this brand).

From Sierra Trading Post I ordered this (Paperwhite). I liked all the colors and thought it would go with lots of different things. When I went looking for the picture to post, I see that they also have a sleeveless version, for those who like the pattern.

Paperwhite Printed Pullover Fitted Shirt - Long Sleeve (For Women) in Multi Horizontal Colored - Closeouts

Here is the sleeveless version, for those who may be interested.

Paperwhite Printed Pullover Shirt - Sleeveless (For Women) in Multi Horizontal Colored - Closeouts

Honored Contributor

As this is the Q's board, I thought it was important to patronize the company that sponsors our Fashion Forum. Smile

These are the pieces I ordered from the Q:

1) SG French terry tunic-A230806

I had this on my wish list for a while, and started to see the sizes/colors drop. She used to have a polka dotted version, and that sold out. I am not sure that this will be a reorder, and this color combination is limited in sizes.

Susan Graver Striped French Terry Long Sleeve Henley Pullover

2) Joan Rivers Ikat jacket- A252864 (clearance)

(I don't own anything of hers, so I'm not sure how these will fit). I started to see the sizes getting limited in one of the color combinations. If they don't fit, I probably won't send them back for an exchange.

Joan Rivers Embellished Ikat Print Jacket with 3/4 SleevesJoan Rivers Embellished Ikat Print Jacket with 3/4 Sleeves

3) IM Essentials 3/4 sleeve knit dress- A257229

Deep burgundy

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Essentials 3/4 Sleeve Knit Dress

Dark Loden

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Essentials 3/4 Sleeve Knit Dress

4) LCNY Essentials Bateau Neck Dress- A240833 (clearance)

Spring Green-

Liz Claiborne New York Essentials Bateau Neck Dress

Magenta Pink-

Pigment Blue-

Honored Contributor

IM Vintage Floral Printed Scarf- A234069

Dark Navy-

Cream-

LCNY Medallion Print Fringed Scarf- A253744 (clearance)

Purple Multi-

Honored Contributor

From Talbots-

Plaid Shetland Jacket (this one I tried on in store, so it should fit when it arrives.)

Plaid Shetland Jacket

Shetland Jacket- (Teal Melange)

I ordered the same size as the plaid jacket, but did not try it on in store.

Shetland Jacket

Honored Contributor

From Neiman Marcus I got this sweater from Pure Handknit (cotton).

Pure Handknit-pure handknit fall crush cardiganNMF15_T81HE

I ordered it in black, cream and pink. Again, I've never ordered from this brand, so if these don't fit they're going back.

Honored Contributor

I'm considering these three items (depends on if the items in the previous posts fit or not).

From Nordies- (Caslon)

Purple Vine-

Zip Detail Raglan Sleeve Tunic (Regular & Petite)

Charcoal-Pink Stripe-

Zip Detail Raglan Sleeve Tunic (Regular & Petite)

From L.L. Bean- the Andover skirt in black

I have coupons to cash in, so I might pick this up after the next cycle of coupons kicks in.

Super Contributor

Lola I love the choices you've made. The jackets are outstanding and also like the pocketed tunics. I may have to get one of those LL Bean skirts one day. Little chance to wear it though as I'm retired. Also need to save more now because I'm planning to move to a new home this year. Happy 2015 to you !
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the 2015 thread

you are off to a good start.

You know last years pare down and compact threads and the one you started last year really made me re-evaluate my shopping habits.

Of course tomorrow there are sales!!!!