Honored Contributor

Interesting-Anne Klein and Donna Karan, DKNY !

http://www.makers.com/donna-karan

In DK's interview her life in one minute along with looks at past runways. Terrific!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Interesting-Anne Klein and Donna Karan, DKNY !

Thank you for posting. So unbelievable that she at age 25 and a new mom, Donna designed the whole collection after Anne Kelin's death. I know that Louis DellOlio worked with Donna and I think stayed behind after Donna was backed to start her own line. What an incredible success she has become!

Respected Contributor

She's probably my favorite designer of all time. I wasn't aware that Louis and she had worked together at one time.

At one point, any years ago, she put out a line for Vogue Patterns and I made a point of buying many of them. Making clothes from her patterns was an education in tailoring. YSL was another favorite of mine.

Thanks so much for posting.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

On 12/21/2014 RoughDraft said:

She's probably my favorite designer of all time. I wasn't aware that Louis and she had worked together at one time.

At one point, any years ago, she put out a line for Vogue Patterns and I made a point of buying many of them. Making clothes from her patterns was an education in tailoring. YSL was another favorite of mine.

Thanks so much for posting.

RoughDraft, I so envy your ability to make your own clothes! I bet they are beautiful.