Regular Contributor

O/T Security tag still on Kohls purchase

I wonder if any of you have had experience with this issue. I purchased a sweatshirt for my DH and paid cash. When I went to wrap it for Christmas the other day, I noticed the security tag is still attached. Without a receipt and no way to prove I bought it, do you think they will remove the tag?

Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T Security tag still on Kohls purchase

They will.

Honored Contributor

The security tag alarm should have gone off as you were leaving the building. It makes you wonder how good their security system is. IMO I think those tags are more of a nuisance to the consumer who is buying the item than the person who is stealing them.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I think they will too. My mom once sent a dress to DD when we lived down south. The security tag was still on. NO ONE in any of the department stores could get it off, because their machines were all different. I should have sent it back to my mom so she could take care of it, but I got the bright idea that if I was careful I could remove it. It ruined her dress. {#emotions_dlg.sad} These days I always check before I leave the store. Sometimes the buzzer does not go off for some reason!

Contributor

This happens a lot a Kohls. It's such a pain to have to drive back to the store. Now, I always ask them to make sure it's removed.

Honored Contributor

I would get there as soon as they open...one of the first ones in the door. Directly to the cashier...meaning, don't shop around the store for an hour & then walk up to the counter thinking they won't question it. Be pro-active since you don't have the receipt.

Regular Contributor

On 12/20/2014 sidsmom said:

I would get there as soon as they open...one of the first ones in the door. Directly to the cashier...meaning, don't shop around the store for an hour & then walk up to the counter thinking they won't question it. Be pro-active since you don't have the receipt.

Great idea, thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

This happened to a friend of mine. Her DH bought her a nice winter coat. She wore it to work (at a hospital) all day as her office was so cold & she couldn't figure when she sat down what that lump was. She then noticed the tag from the store. Since the store was 60 miles away, she went to a local women's clothing store & they removed it for her. By the way the people there knew her.

Frequent Contributor

I bought a sports bra for myself. I threw away the receipt but didn't get around to taking the item out of the shopping bag for a while. I took it back to Kohl's to get the security tag removed. The cashier paged a supervisor to come do it.
Super Contributor

Because they scanned the bar code when they rang it up, their system can tell them it was purchased and at what store. So they can use that info to verify that it's ok to remove the security tag.