New Contributor

Need help in deciding what hose, if any, to wear. I'm wearing a black velvet knee length dress, with lots of flashy jewelry. The sandals I'm wearing are mid heel, black satin with rhinestone straps across the vamp. Should I wear nude hose, black hose, or something else.

Esteemed Contributor

sheer black hose would be my choice with pumps. Sandals call for no hose, IMHO.

Respected Contributor

Don't they make stockings for open-toed shoes? I also vote for sheer black hose meant for sandals. Unless you live where it's always warm, bare legs aren't right for this time of year. You could also consider a sheer metallic to match your jewelry. That might look especially festive.

Esteemed Contributor
Very sheer black hose with a sheer toe. Haines makes them
Respected Contributor

I'd go to Nordstrom or NM website look at their hosiery. There offer lots of variety & interesting ideas.

Honored Contributor

Is this party at a house? Last New Year's Eve party I went to was in bad snow and hostess required everyone to take off their shoes or boots. Those of us that knew her well knew this was her rule. Bring fancy slippers.

Respected Contributor
I vote no hose for sandals.
Respected Contributor
On 12/19/2014 birkin baby said: I vote no hose for sandals.

Then have great lower legs, feet with self tanner. Green & blue veins along with alabaster white legs & feet are not attractiveSmiley Sad

Trusted Contributor
I have to agree with birkin - no hose with sandals. Def use a self tanner if going with no hose. It's interesting that many people require guests to remove shoes/boots and I understand why they do that, but would hope it would be noted on the invitation. Reminds me of the episode of SATC when Carrie's Manolos were "taken" from a party! Have a wonderful time and I'm sure you'll look great!
Respected Contributor
On 12/19/2014 Irish1210 said: I have to agree with birkin - no hose with sandals. Def use a self tanner if going with no hose. It's interesting that many people require guests to remove shoes/boots and I understand why they do that, but would hope it would be noted on the invitation. Reminds me of the episode of SATC when Carrie's Manolos were "taken" from a party! Have a wonderful time and I'm sure you'll look great!

IMO, if this poster is over a certain age, I forego bare legs. Just saying...............I don't think Joan Rivers would rock bare legs.