Trusted Contributor
Please be careful on Facebook ~~ use common sense!!!! Don't post the restaurant you've been frequenting........that's not using good judgement! Be safe~~~~~
Super Contributor

We all ""check in"" when we're out.

Esteemed Contributor

Whaat?!

Esteemed Contributor

Why? Can you explain?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

People definitely should be more cautious and thoughtful about what they post.

Telling the world when you'll be home and when you'll be gone, displaying expensive collections, posting detailed pix of the interior and exterior of your home, etc., are so dangerous and this kind of activity has resulted in burglaries.

Using the "check in" feature, enabling location services, gives everyone a road map of your patterns.

There used to be a website called "Please Rob Me" (I think the administrators now have moved to another internet security site) with info about the hazards of disclosing so much to the world.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

By the way, some insurance companies have begun looking into social media posts when investigating claims, because announcing to the world that no one's home, showing them what's there and how to access the home -- those things are similar to leaving all the doors and windows unlocked and open, or putting your valuables out on the front lawn unattended.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor
I just feel a gentle reminder to be cautious when using Facebook is a good thing ~
Honored Contributor

I don't keep anything personal on my facebook page. I use it to get coupons and very important things like that.

Trusted Contributor
graycatsrule AND they're smart too!!!
Honored Contributor

it is amazing how careless people are about posting so much personal info for the entire world to see......DH told me that most employers check social media sites for all applicants

my cousins' daughter had a pic posted of herself at a frat party....it was exactly what you would think..... she was hoping to student teach next spring but her advisor said a principal called and said that pic had to disappear first.

lots of break-ins here when people post they will be gone for the holidays.....and show gifts under their tree, etc......."come and get it!