Respected Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT---Wednesday

Boy this week is zipping along.

LindaL: What lovely pictures you posted on FB---what a lovely group!.

Kathleen: I saw yesterday you were making a "flying" trip---Sometimes you have to interview for "less than desirable" to know "desirable"!! Hope it went well.

I made a trip to the city yesterday---traffic was so bad coming home I took a detour past my old neighborhood. Oh my goodness---how things are building up!! It has been more than 20 years since I moved from there---and have been back that way a few times but not for a few years.

I have seen the mud reports from CA---don't think any of our posters are from that area but may have family or friends. Prayers for all affected.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Wednesday

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for your nice comments about the FB pictures LindaR. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to see my grandchildren and their parents in person. Too bad my DD and SIL are camera shy. I haven't seen the reports about CA, but I certainly hope none of my or DH's relatives were affected.

It is funny to go back to your former neighborhood LindaR. I haven't been back to my parent's neighborhood (where I grew up) in several years, but it was quite a shock seeing their house torn down, and a mini-mansion in its place a few years back.

Waves to Jean (working today), Kathleen (hope your mini trip and interview went okay), Arlene, twinny, Gayle, Rosa, Susan, Marijane, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I tried to take a walk today, but then the rain came. So, it was a very short walk. Oh well.... I know that we could walk in the rain, but we weren't dressed for it. We have a lunch with my newcomers group today, but not until 1:00 p.m. I'm trying to go through my financial stuff before then. Not sure that I will finish, but....

After the luncheon, I plan to go to Curves, and I'll probably need to get back to my financial stuff. Hopefully, I can tackle some Christmas cards as well.

Army DGS had to go for his medical check-up this morning, and DD said the clinic was very cold and nasty. I know she was happy when that was over. After that, she headed to the dump to get rid of some of the closet mess. He doesn't know when he will be deployed, but I guess he will be ready when he is.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I can't believe it's the middle of the week already either - time is sure flying by! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

The UPS man dropped off the package with the tablet my very generous bear got me for Christmas; that was a surprise, as they told me it would be delivered on 12/24. Of course I can't open it until then, but I'm looking forward to playing with it.

LindaL, you look very nice in the pictures; I can't believe your grandchildren are all grown already!

LindaR, sometimes I wonder what my old neighborhoods are like, but I really have no desire to go back to NYC, so I guess I'll never know. I know from the time I first moved to Hawaii until I left the place was getting really over-developed; my friends tell me I wouldn't even recognize it now. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Last night I put the dogs out, and got a phone call from someone asking if I had a beautiful brown and white dog. Apparently I didn't attach Angelica's tie-up securely and she managed to escape; thank goodness a kind lady saw her running around not far from the highway, saw she has her phone number embroidered on her collar, and called me. I went to retrieve her, and the woman had hold of her until I got there. Thank goodness there are still some nice people around, and those collars were a terrific investment. They're better than tags, since the phone number is so bold and easily read, and even if one has a microchip, well, not many people would bother taking the dog to a vet to be scanned, and if it's the evening or weekend, well, they'd probably just let it go.

Tonight I think I'm going to try the church the technician from my ISP told me about; I've been looking for a Wednesday evening fellowship, since my church no longer has one and from what he tells me, I think I might like it. They do a potluck, so I have to make a cake or something to take along. Right now I'm off to the PO to get a few Christmas gifts mailed.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

The house I grew up in is gone and was replaced by a McMansion also. A few houses on my block are still the same--not sure how they escaped the developer---or if the bottom fell out of the market. I know the house had been for sale a few times.

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Another warm day. My sleep has been not great the last few nights. In all honesty, I am looking forward to January. There are some sad memories that come up this time of year. We have simplified our holiday routine etc. but I just want it over. O.K. done venting.

Doing a few things around the house. I can't believe it but over the last 2 months I think I have finally made it through all the closets etc and everything that needed to be donated, has.

It feels good to get things off in the mail yesterday. We have a family dinner this Saturday and after that, no real obligations for the season.

I hope everyone has a good day. Gayle

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! It sure was nice to be home with Beloved. I slept like a baby. Threw something together in the crock pot this morning before I headed out the door.

The interview - well I got there, they gave me an application to fill out. It asked for several things (references, etc) in 2 different places and had a section that asked a LOT of personal questions that were asterisked "optional" (color of hair, height, weight, what????). When I was done I went to give it to the guy and everyone was gone. I was the only one there. I heard some noise in a room upstairs and there was a guy sweeping who couldn't help me, it was his first day. I hung around for 5 min wondering if I should just leave when someone pulled up. He was really nice, asked good questions and I feel like he got a good sense of who I was and what I can do.

I just got home - too late to go to work so I'm diddling around the house before my party tonight.

Linda I loved the pictures too. GD is so beautiful and the boys look great as well. I would love to see a pic of DD some day. Is she still exercising and feeling wonderful? DGS has been through boot camp now, just waiting for orders? I'm glad you and DH made it home safe and sound from your trip!

Linda(R) I like to go by my old homes too. DH thinks its a bit silly.

Gayle I'm glad you are getting things done and decluttered the way you want. I wish I had more time but the truth is that unstructured time is not good for me and I tend to lay around the house when I can. lol I have things to mail too, that will be next. I know Christmas is very hard for some folks, and I remember when I had to "share" DD there were some awful ones for me as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda R, I still live in the same town that I was born in & all 3 of the places we lived are still there. My grandparents owned the lumberyard with an apt. on the property. My parents lived there until we were 2 y/o. Then they built a brick house just a block away. That still looks the same. Then when we were 10 our parents built a duplex 2 blocks away from the brick house. That is still standing but with different color siding. I go by my old haunts quite often when I am mopeding around town. We lived very close to the grade school & the H.S. so there is no new development there.

LL, Have fun at the luncheon. Financial stuff drives me nuts. Especially when I can't balance the check book. I hope your DGS's medical went well for him & your DDH's cousin. Yesterday I had all of my cards mailed out and today I received one from my DH's cousin in England. I haven't sent one to her for several years as we used to email back & forth. I think I will send her & her family a nice card when the new year starts.

FGH, Have fun with your new tablet when you can open it. That dog must be lucky to get found & returned to you so soon. Like you say that collar was worth the $$$. I hope your church group is nice this evening. Potluck is always a bonus.

Gayle, We have had mild temps for about a week but mostly foggy. They said sunshine today, but it is still dark & dreary. It should be sunny tomorrow but much colder temps. Have fun with your family on Saturday. Christmas music makes me feel sad. I had nice Christmases every year until my dad passed away 2 weeks before Christmas back in the 90's. I try to make it fun for our DC & our DGC. It is the good memories that count for me. DH & I decluttered in January & February & it feels so good to look in the closets & see what we actually have in there.

RC, Yes it would be nice to be with your beloved again. I am so glad that I am out of the workforce. I will be trying your casserole recipes soon.

DH & I did take a nice road trip today. We went to the mall where JCP went out in May, & it is still closed. I was looking forward to going into the Ulta as I have never been to one. We had a nice lunch at a Chinese buffet. I went into JoAnn Fabrics to look around & I couldn't believe how much the fabric has gone up. Then it was on to Koh*l's. Nothing there either. DH bought a bag of cashews to put in our SIL's Christmas stocking. The only thing I bought was a gift card for our DGD at Target & a bag of chips.

When we got home I had a phone message from a gal that I used to work with. She was treating me with some of her booster bucks. This is special money that can be used at the outlet store from the company that I worked at & she still works at. She bought me 3- 1# beef logs, a 3# beef log, a 1# pkg of limburger cheese for my DH, some pkgs. of flavored coffee for my DD's Christmas stocking, some garlic/onion cheese curds & 2# block of medium cheddar. I want to serve the cheese & sausage for Christmas Eve supper before the guests go back home along with the leftovers from lunch.

Tonight I want to relax & not get out of my recliner. I am tired from shopping today.

Hugs to all of you.