Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY,. 12/16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful and sunny day Hopefully, Christmas will be one of Christmas Days free of snow. In our area, the statistics are in favor of no snow...and that works for me.

I'm not working today so I've been killing time window shopping at Overstock.com. I saw this item that I'm just "dying" to buy. I couldn't wait to make this an impulse purchase for only $999+. A really big NOT!!!! It may be appealing to some but at that price, I don't consider it a good buy. I wouldn't spend that much on a more classic design that would be more versatile and cost effective.

Burberry 'Gladstone' Small Beige/ Chocolate Haymarket Tote

Since I'm not working today, it will give me time to go to the office and renew my car registration. I also need a new cartridge for my laser printer, so I'm tempted to buy one this month but may try to postpone that purchase until next month. I also have to go to the drug store and pick up an antibiotic the doctor prescribed for a urinary tract infection.

I'm in the mood for a pot roast, so I may venture to the local overpriced supermarket and get a small roast for the crockpot. On the other hand, if I go to the city on Friday, I may wait until then to satisfy my mood.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY,. 12/16)

Good morning!

Kona sounds like your mind is running 90 miles an hour with decisions{#emotions_dlg.tt1} I hope that you UTI gets better soon, my SIL suffers those frequently.

I was going to get that handbag for my gift closet!

Sunny here today, so far not too crazy at work of course that can change with one phone call.

I went to Kroger las night along with everyone else in town, it is like going to a reunion. I will have to pick up a few more things before Christmas Eve dinner but the majority of "stuff" is purchased. I bought a honey baked spiral ham, ouch! Gas prices are going down here but it seems as food prices are going up at a rapid pace.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--I think we need several of those handbags: one for a gift to a teacher, one for a gift for our hairstylist, etc. I agree with you that food prices are escalating. The spiral ham sounds like a great option.

The school that called me yesterday to work today, but called while I was at work and couldn't wait for me to get home to return the call, informed me last night that they got someone else shortly after they called me. Well, they just called again while I was in the kitchen. They didn't leave a message....and I haven't returned the call. The other schools wait for someone to confirm or turn down a day before request before trying to get someone else. I have even had the other schools to call each other to get me to sub when they know I'm working elsewhere.

Oh, the joys of holiday overspending may hit many of us in January and beyond:

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends! Yesterday I went home and cooked. Stayed up late and woke up after 4 hours at 2:30 and could not go back to sleep. So. I will be a tired one tonight.

I got my 2 huge casseroles made and will cook them today for our party. Somehow everything gets done. I got an email asking me in for an interview - kind of strange, but I responded with the one time slot that I could show up. They replied "see you then" and I did some sleuthing. It's a place that has pretty bad reviews. I was feeling a little conflicted but who knows what my Creator has in mind for me! It will be nice to sleep with DH tonight.

Gayle, I love the bread at Walmart too, and in our area there is a particular man who walks around the store yelling "Hot french bread" and if you say that in this area everyone knows what you are talking about. Smiley Very Happy We also have problems with coffee makers because of our water.

Linda I'm glad you made it home ok and got to spend some time with your Loveys.

Twinny, I made our Christmas card (Sam's photo card) last night and can't wait to show it to DH. I just don't feel happy when we don't send one out. I need to write the letter but it's been a hard year and everything seems in limbo so I haven't even tried to start it yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I've made the rounds at the Post Office, the Sheriff's Office to renew my car registration, the drug store and the local supermarket. The drug that the doctor's nurse said had been called in was not available. It seems the pharmacist things it is inappropriate to use with my other meds. I like going to the Sheriif's Office to take care of the car registration; it costs a dollar more but that is cheaper and more time saving than driving to the DMV or mailing all the stuff in and waiting for its return.

I did get a small roast at the supermarket, and it is now in the crockpot along with some onion mushroom dry soup mix and water. I haven't done this for so long that I'm rusty on it. Usually the local place has roasts that are family friendly but not single person friendly, but today they had one in just the right size.

The cardiologist's office called and said they were awaiting the insurance company approval of the heart monitor as well as type.

Kathleen--You certainly have been busy with the holiday preparations. I'm sure all that cooking will get rave reviews. Who knows where that interview will lead? It may or may not be a good place to work but if not, it might lead to something better.

In this holiday season, it is important to wish a Happy Hanukkah to all our Jewish friends and others who celebrate:

http://www.ibtimes.com/hanukkah-2014-when-does-jewish-holiday-start-5-things-you-need-know-1758454#...

Respected Contributor

The casseroles were a hit. I need to revise the recipe and then I will post it. It was way too much food, but most here like to make a plate to take home. So it all works out.

I brought a gift for one of the guys because he didn't know what to bring. I wrapped a mens cologne set from American Eagle and put it in a Victorias Secret bag. Guess what I ended up with? Smiley Very Happy I was happy, didn't really want any of the men that I work with smelling like DH.

Now it is back to work!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--You planned that gift well for your male friend to give to you! Smiley Happy Please post the casserole recipe. Glad it was a hit!

The sun has disappeared and it is now raining. I've done little this afternoon but relax. I did fix a gift bag for the school secretary and also for my niece. I got the best gift bags from Amazon. They are very sturdy, beautiful. and have a gift tag. 12 medium ones were $12 and look like ones costing much more.

Valued Contributor

Same weather here, now overcast and cloudy.

I have Zumba tonight for the last time till after the first of the year. I really enjoy the class and the women. After class a friend is going to come by and I graciousely offered to fix him a sandwich. I am going to sign up for the next Zumba session, they run for 6 weeks at a time.

Not much going on.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, The price of that bag was outrageous. I can't imagine spending that much for a handbag. I wouldn't have any $$$ to put into it. LOL. It sounds like you have been very busy making the rounds. I always like to do multiple things in one day too especially Dr. appts. so I am not out every day of the week. I find it nice to be able tao stay home & do as I like or nothing at all. When I do a pot roast, I also like to use the dry mushroom/onion soup pkgs. & maybe a can of beef broth. It makes such wonderful gravy.

Rosa. My gift closet is empty, so maybe I should fill it up with that handbag for my neighbor, hair stylist etc. I am fixing a ham here too for Christmas Eve lunch. I still need to get few groceries. Yes, the prices have really gone up lately. Our gas prices are $2.49 so we are real happy. Our vehicle is good on gas, but it is still fun to spend less $$$ for some fun trips here or there.

RC, Your potlucks always sound so nice. It was so nice of you to purchase that extra gift even if you did get it in the end. I bought my DH some of Avon's Wild country while we were dating (45 years ago) & it is still his favorite & mine also. It is his Sunday go to! Good luck with your interview, it sounds kind of interesting.

It is foggy & mild today, but will be sunny tomorrow & only in the low 30's for a couple of days. 30's are actually normal for us this time of year. I don't think it will be a White Christmas here as they say upper 30's by the weekend & no snow in the forecast. That can change in a heartbeat too so we will take what we get.

The Christmas cards are done & the mailman just picked them up. I write in them all so it does take me a while. It makes my hand tired & I am no lefty so that hand is certainly out.

We are waiting for our license renewal to come. The one for the other vehicle came a couple of weeks ago, but not for the new vehicle. It is due the end of Jan. Last week when we were at the dealership, they did say if we didn't get the renewal by the first week in January to call them & they would take care of it. It costs $75 for a sticker not a new plate.

I am making pizza for dinner tonight, Tomorrow DH & are taking a trip to a town about 45 miles away. I want a nice lunch out & just to get away from home for a day. Our shopping is all done, so it won't be much shopping for us. My mom has an eye appt. on Thursday, so I am hoping for good news on that. She still can't see anything except shadows. I just hope that she is putting the eye drops in properly by herself. DH stopped in to her place last Friday after doing his walk as her driveway was slippery & needed some salt put down. He was pleasantly surprised to see his mom there. One of his SIL's comes to our town twice a week to babysit their new DGD & decided to bring her along for a visit. Our moms are very friendly so that is nice.

Hugs to all of you.

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I am almost done with my errands today, need to hit the post office but will wait for another hour before I go.

I was planning to get a family member a certain gift and then it didn't work out so today I was scrambling to get something done so that I could mail today via priority mail. I couldn't believe my luck. I bought a 40 dollar Lennox Christmas theme appetizer plate for a little over 7 dollars thanks to a coupon and 40% off all Christmas items. Added some Christmas chocolates and a family type Christmas DVD with 4 movies...grand total of all 3 items were under 14 dollars. We are retired but always talk about making the money last. It was great to get this done so affordably.

Finished doing a little more decorating. Very light..as mentioned before but the taking down and clean up will be extremely easy.

Hope everyone has a good day!