Respected Contributor

Good afternoon all.

LindaL: Hope you had an uneventful trip home.

Kathleen: Oh the carriage rides---What fun.

I don't know a lot to report. Yesterday after church I swung by the PO to mail some items. As I was pulling into the drive by the mailboxes I saw an employee loading up a truck with items for delivery. I know that the PO runs seven days a week---but Sunday mail/pkg delivery!. I know when there was talk of no Saturday delivery!.

Spent some time this AM resolving insurance issue. Glad I have it--and hopefully I got it straight as I don't relish paying the charges.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sopaholics ODAT---Monday

LindaR--Thank you for starting the thread. Hopefully, you got the insurance issue resolved. The pre-approval route can get tricky at times.

I subbed today, so I was tired when I got home. A half hour of relaxation and a cup of coffee has done wonders. I see that they are selling wine on QVC and can ship to my state. I think I will pass, despite liking an occasional class of wine but only when dining out.

I see there is an item relisted on eBay. This makes the third relisting I've seen of this item. I would think the seller would get the message. It is a handbag and wallet combo, which can be purchased separately but this seller has decided to sell them together. I think the person might have much luck if the items were listed separately as the price being asked is more than what some might want to pay, and some may not want both items.

I'll be gearing up to watch "The Voice" tonight.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Oh getting home and relaxing can do wonders. A good cup of coffee always sounds good to me.

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Yesterday we did "light" Christmas decorating. We were going to get a tree but they were so picked over that I thought I would be doing nothing but vacuuming up pine needles. Back up plan: a couple of poinsettias placed in our home. The funny thing was, on the way home we stopped at a Walmart (they have the best French bread in my opinion)...I also ended up buying a coffee maker. The brand is called Bella, the linea model in a beautiful red. My husband said it was the sexiest coffee maker he has ever had LOL. We aren't k cup people, more old school and it was less than 40 bucks. Works like a charm. We had a Mr. Coffee and the warming plate just wasn't working right so the coffee wasn't the right temperature.

My husband is out of town so I am doing a few things around the house. And yes Jean, the wine idea does sound good. A few years ago I bought some for my sister off Amazon.com. Usually around the holidays, they do a 1 cent shipping and she told me the wine was quite good.

Not much else here. I hope you all have a good evening. I am sorry to hear of your health problems Jean and Linda, insurance stuff makes me crazy. I have some diagnostic tests this week and hope things just flow but it rarely seems to be that easy.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda R, I went to our local POthis a.m. to mail a pgk to our DS & DDIL in the Boston area. It had cheese & sausage etc. & I want it there before it sits in the PO all weekend. There were 9 people in front of me in line & 3 at the window. It took less than 15 minutes so I was lucky as they said it is the busiest day at the PO all year. DH & I had to switch our insurance plan after 44 years & also our drug plan as my DH's retirement company will no longer pay for retirees. Hopefully we made some good choices. I have one expensive drug but my infusions are very costly. DH is the cheap date as they say.

Jean, I look forward to my yearly New Year's Eve wine cooler. This year I had an extra one a couple of months ago while we were in the hot tub. My mom's eye problems got the best of me. A nap is always good for me. The eggnog coffee & peppermint mocha coffee that I bought two weeks ago are both very good.

Today I did get a good start at writing out our Christmas cards. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish them up. I am so glad that the tree is up & a little decorating is done. Now I can concentrate on what I will make for our family Christmas Eve lunch. There will be 14 of us so quite manageable. Thank goodness one of my SIL's will be making lunch for DH's side of the family for Christmas day lunch. There will be around 20 of us there. I am o.k. with doing one meal but not two meals a day apart. This year I get my next infusion Dec. 26th, so I am sure I will be looking forward to the last one before the year ends.

Respected Contributor

Checking in real quick - had to run around doing errands all day, then the rain began....nothing like driving around in pouring rain. Went to Walmart for cat kibble and a new leash for the poorly-named Angelica...spent over $70. (sigh)

I need to get my Christmas gifts wrapped and on their way by Friday - Saturday is the deadline for Christmas delivery, but I don't want to take a chance on oversleeping and missing it, since they close early.

Have a blessed evening everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. Our trip home went fine, but I'm pretty tired. Getting up before 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time (which is two hours before our time) may result in an early bedtime for me tonight. The planes were on time, and we didn't have any problems or lost luggage. But, I'm thinking this may be our last December trip East. Just too many possible problems with the weather, etc., etc. DH used to love to travel, but now he really has a difficult time with it. At least I have plenty of time to think about a winter trip. It was wonderful seeing DD and family. When you only see your grandchildren every six months or so, they really change from visit to visit.

Hope that insurance issue is solved LindaR. I'm still having trouble with the ambulance company not sending their bill to the insurance company. They want me to pay the full amount, but I know that my insurance will cover most of all of the charges. But, they will pay a lot less than what the ambulance company is asking.

Our plumber got the pipe changed, and did a lot of other things outside. I wasn't sure if it was okay for me to turn on the water, but he said it was fine. He also came over this afternoon and re-insulated the pipes.

Of course, there is much more to do -- but repairing or replacing the wall will need to wait for warmer and drier weather. And, I'm just so happy to have water and no flooding that I don't want to rush to find out if there are other leaks I don't know about.

Hi Gayle -- glad you found a coffee maker you like. Hope you can find a nice tree. I haven't had a live tree in many years, but they certainly can be nice.

Glad a little relaxation and a cup of coffee helped you perk up Jean. I'm sure subbing can be tiring.

Happy to hear about your Christmas cards twinny. I hoped to start them before our trip, but no such luck with the water problems, etc.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Susan, Marijane, Karen, Rosa, and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle, I do "light" decorating too. The more stuff I put out, the more I will have to put away sooner or later. We have an artificial tree. It was my first QVC purchase 13 years ago. David V. sold it to me. We have 3 lit wreaths & my white snow owls decorated with clear lights and a white boa. Simple elegance at it's best. A few snowmen as they are my favorite. I bought a new coffee pot a few weeks ago too. We are not K-cup people either. Just give me a pot that is easy to operate.

LL, glad you are home safe & sound & also that you have water & no more gushing of pipes. Yes DGC do grow up fast & change quickly. Our oldest DGS has grown 2" since the start of school in Sept. He was my height & now he is 2" taller than me.

FHG, Hopefully the new dog collar will work for you. Today was day 4 of foggy warm weather. It will be changing quickly as they say 30's for the rest of the week & rain/snow mix tomorrow. Then I look forward to several days of cooler but sunny days.