Valued Contributor

I received my Joy/IMAN bag the other day. I wondered what it was going to look like, since all of the negatives said about it. It is GORGEOUS. Mine is black, and the hardware a perfect color, the watch is beautiful, and the lining very expensive looking. The one thing I was worried about was if the zippers were going to work well. To my surprise, every one of the zippers work better than any bag I've ever known, including my much more expensive brand designer bags! They glide open and closed, smooth as silk.

How long will this bag last? I have no idea, but I didn't pay several hundred dollars for it, either.

All in all, I suspect the negative attitudes are more about Joy than her products. Her personality is way too intense for my taste, but everything I've ever ordered from her has worked as well, or better than she has claimed.

I wish I'd have had the courage to order this bag in a couple of more colors.

Super Contributor

Thanks, Anniecamp, good to know in case the price comes back down. I had a suspicion that maybe they had improved on the bag this time around. I agree that it may be Joy's personality that annoys some posters but I agree about her merchandise. I have been happy with everything I've ordered from her including hangers, steamers and handbags.

Super Contributor
I was pleasantly surprised. After I ordered the bag in black I started reading all the negative reviews in the threads that were posted. I was prepared to return the bag as soon as I got it, but the bag I received is nothing like the one described here on the boards. The leather, while obviously not the highest quality , is soft and not at all stiff and "cardboardy" like the earlier bags. I agree about the zippers; they are better than the zippers on an oryany bag I recently purchased. The compartments are not overwhelming and can be flattened down to more of a single divider. The main complaint I have is that if I pack the bag really full, it does pucker along the zipper line when you close it.
Honored Contributor
I don't give a hoot what Joy's personality is like because I don't watch her long or often, but everything I've gotten from her except the hangers has been worthless garbage. I almost scalded myself with her drippy steamer and her luggage barely made two trips on an airplane. The handbag would be an embarrassment if I carried it which I don't intend to do. It looks like cardboard and doesn't even have the texture of leather...and that cheap watch didn't work from day one. It's hard to find a quartz watch that doesn't work. Never again!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

My two bags have to go back. Flaws in the leather and it's like there are air pockets between the leather and lining. And the zippers are wavy in the middle. Arrr.