Trusted Contributor

G.I.L.I. Leather TSV Jacket Review

My jacket in Blush arrived yesterday. Opened it this morning and have to say that I was really disappointed in it. Does not fit me well and the whole thing just looks odd. The back peplum does not sit well. Sometimes, I don't know what I am thinking, ordering these things. Sending back on Monday. Love to know what other people feel about their jackets.

Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Leather TSV Jacket Review

Sounds like you do not have the right size, and that will impact the fit & look of the jacket. That has been my challenge/disappointment in buying apparel from QVC & HSN esp when they don't provide accurate garment sizing info or in the case of Q -many apparel lines are not consistent in size within the line or with b&m. In many cases, I have to size down for a proper fit, sometimes by 2 whole sizes. It's frustrating and costly to return & exchange. Too bad this jacket didn't work for you. I have it in blush, and it's chic--have received loads of compliments, and it's nice to have something unique/not massed produced. If you ordered by the online garment info & it doesn't fit, call CS, tell them so you are not charged a return fee.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

If they sold thousands, then it is mass produced.

I loved the jacket, but it was too short for me.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I would like to try the piece leather jacket that sold out when Lisa R. was doing her last show. It appears much lighter and less bulky overall. I just looked like I was trying to hard, you know that look? I am petite and short waisted. I usually wear a 10 these days and ordered the 8 because jackets are always too big in the shoulders and much too long in the sleeves. But this jacket was too short in the torso and i did not like the way it sat on me at all. Glad so many women like it, but I can't help thinking that you have to be tall and very slender to make it work.

Trusted Contributor

My chalk TSV arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous. No issues like creases or uneven leather finishes as have been reported by others. I bought based on the Click Here measurements (always do) and the fit is good from a closure perspective (I got size 4). It does seem a bit short waisted but looks great with slim/straight leg pants and a fitted tank - my winter ""wardrobe"" here in the islands. My husband really thinks it is a cool design. I also ordered the pieced leather jacket in gray before it sold out. I'm thinking the gray will work better for more of the year because it seems lighter and the TSV will work during our winter and in the cooler towns at higher elevation.
Respected Contributor

I own both jackets - the pieced leather as well as the Gili Moto recently the TSV. I love them both. The pieced leather is lighter as it is pieced leather on a stretch fabric. Both are beyond cute and flattering.

Valued Contributor

On 12/14/2014 culebra said:

I own both jackets - the pieced leather as well as the Gili Moto recently the TSV. I love them both. The pieced leather is lighter as it is pieced leather on a stretch fabric. Both are beyond cute and flattering.

Me too! I thought the TSV was one of the most exquisite leather jackets I have ever purchased--absolutely thrilled with it. The leather is such high quality. I ordered it in two sizes to make sure I got the right one! I already own the black and tan pieced leather (beautiful), and I bought the blush. I wanted the grey, but it was gone in a flash--perhaps my size will come back! My only complaint is a shipping one--every jacket was shipped in a separate box--way too big and bulky. They could have gotten at least TWO jackets in one box--and YES I purchased 4 of the TSV!

Super Contributor

I'm heartbroken, UPS delivered my chalk somewhere. I can't even get on the waitlist. I know it is not a big deal in the real world but I am so disappointed.

Well, I can stalk the product page and hopefully it will come back in. I saw my sisters Chalk and black and they were beautiful. The leather felt as good as it looked. The black is so chic. I am green with envy of all of you who are enjoying yours.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/14/2014 kimthib said:
On 12/14/2014 culebra said:

Me too! I thought the TSV was one of the most exquisite leather jackets I have ever purchased--absolutely thrilled with it. The leather is such high quality. I ordered it in two sizes to make sure I got the right one! I already own the black and tan pieced leather (beautiful), and I bought the blush. I wanted the grey, but it was gone in a flash--perhaps my size will come back! My only complaint is a shipping one--every jacket was shipped in a separate box--way too big and bulky. They could have gotten at least TWO jackets in one box--and YES I purchased 4 of the TSV!

Agree with the overkill on packaging, kimthib! I just ordered two Linea tops (same item no, two colors, same order) and just got notice they shipped with two different tracking numbers, yet I got a break on the shipping cost of the second one. Go figure. I think the Q's logistics strategy could use an overhaul. Sorry, I didn't intend to hijack the thread. Just got notice my gray pieced leather jacket shipped and hope it will be here before Christmas. It was actually cool enough yesterday evening for me to wear the chalk TSV on date night. That jacket rocks!
Valued Contributor

MJDinHawaii--I know--the shipping is ridiculous. HSN will very often put several items in ONE box--which I appreciate. For example, I recently ordered four of Iman's coats (returned them all--another story), but the point is--the were ALL IN THE SAME BOX--and they were much bulkier than the leather jacket. What are we supposed to do with all of these huge boxes, QVC? I hire someone to take my boxes (among other things) to the local dump!