Trusted Contributor

A237627 G.I.L.I. Pieced Leather Jacket with Ribbed Arm Panel

Does anyone have both this pieced leather jacket & the TSV leather motorcycle jacket?

I sized up on the TSV jacket and it fit perfectly. I noticed the measurements are quite a bit smaller on the pieced leather jacket. Does this jacket stretch or should I size up 2 sizes?

Thanks for any sizing advice. Smile

Respected Contributor

Re: A237627 G.I.L.I. Pieced Leather Jacket with Ribbed Arm Panel

I own both the TSV jacket and the pieced jacket. I purchased the same size in both. There is more give on the pieced jacket since it is leather strips on stretch fabric. I purchased my Italian size versus my US size in the jackets.

Honored Contributor

There is specific garment sizing info for the jacket in the description section of the product page. Make sure to consider the bust sizing info. What I read on facebook from current owners of the jacket is that if you are ""busty"" you might need to size up. I also bought this jacket today when it posted after waiting months for the reorder. Can't wait to receive it! HTH

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Thanks culebra & Chi-town girl....The reason I ask is the size 14 is 40.5"" bust on the pieced leather jacket vs. 44"" on the TSV leather jacket in same size 14.

My bust is the about the same mesurement as the sz 14 I ordered in the pieced leather jacket. I wonder is I should have gone with a 16?? I am normally about a 12 in B & M never a 16?

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Bestdressed said:

Thanks culebra & Chi-town girl....The reason I ask is the size 14 is 40.5" bust on the pieced leather jacket vs. 44" on the TSV leather jacket in same size 14.

My bust is the about the same mesurement as the sz 14 I ordered in the pieced leather jacket. I wonder is I should have gone with a 16?? I am normally about a 12 in B & M never a 16?

I think the size 14 should be fine for you, especially with the stretch in this jacket.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Chi-town girl...Thanks! I will stick the 14 then. I thought from the reviews that is what some of similar sized women ordered the size 14 too.

What color did you get? I ordered british tan & the soft gray in a weak moment.

Honored Contributor

Chi-town girl...Thanks! I will stick the 14 then. I thought from the reviews that is what some of similar sized women ordered the size 14 too.

What color did you get? I ordered british tan & the soft gray in a weak moment.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'm glad the jacket has some "give" to it- it's prob my fav of all the GILI leather jackets. Initially, I planned to get the tan, but changed my order to black. Would have loved a dark navy. The gray is a gorgeous tone. Hard to decide - would have loved a 2nd or 3rd, but had to budget in the cost of one of the cross necklaces and some holiday gifts for others, lol! Look forward to reading reviews-please post!

Trusted Contributor

I know I should have only ordered one...maybe I will cancel the gray one in the morning... this has been an expensive month.

I will review when i receive my jackets. I loved the black jacket..you will have it for many years to come. Please review your jacket too...Good night Chi-town girl

Honored Contributor

I know I should have only ordered one...maybe I will cancel the gray one in the morning... this has been an expensive month.

I will review when i receive my jackets. I loved the black jacket..you will have it for many years to come. Please review your jacket too...Good night Chi-town girlSmile

Bestdressed-Oh, you should get them both & then decide. Every size in every color is sold out, and doubtful it will be reordered. The previous orders of this jacket sold quickly & no so called returns/any inventory following initial offer. After Spring/current merchandise in production, will we see this line continue? So much is uncertain, and these were Lisa's inspirations, so whatever happens, it will be different. Bad? Good? Except for some of the smaller designer lines like Lisa Rinna, Nicole Richie, Jen Rade, Mark Zunino, there is little of interest for me at Q for apparel. Yes, I will post my review & goodnight!

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same question - and didn't have much time to make a decision!! Ended up buying 2 different sizes in the blush. I already am starting a pile of items to return to the Q, so this is just one more. I finally received the TSV jacket and it fit me perfectly. I had planned on using that as a size guide, but the chest measurements were different by 2 sizes! I bought one size up and then went back to buy the same size. Assuming (hoping!) the fact that it's an open jacket versus the fitted of the TSV makes a big difference.