Esteemed Contributor

SHOULD I ORDER FROM AMAZON OR UGG AUSTRALIA?

I am planning on gifting a pair of UGGs to someone for Christmas. Mr. Rebates offers a 10% rebate and Ebates offers an 11% rebate should I order through the UGG website.

Would you order from Amazon (tried and true for me) or through UGG?

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOULD I ORDER FROM AMAZON OR UGG AUSTRALIA?

Is there a pricing difference?

I have ordered from UGG Australia before with no issues...and the same for Amazon..

If the price is the same..I would probably do Amazon..only because it is easier on their returns and shipping..

Respected Contributor

Have you checked Zappos??
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/12/2014 birkin baby said: Have you checked Zappos??

No, good idea. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Too bad Shoebuy.com last night had $50 bucks off if you used your Visa..and they worked on UGGS ..bought my son's fiance a pair and paid $102!!!

Super Contributor

I would order from the company that can guarantee me arrival by the date I needed it and has a good return policy in case there is a sizing issue.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/12/2014 CouponQueen said:

Too bad Shoebuy.com last night had $50 bucks off if you used your Visa..and they worked on UGGS ..bought my son's fiance a pair and paid $102!!!

Oh fudge!

Honored Contributor

I'd order directly from Ugg, fake Uggs are a huge market. According to Ugg, over a million counterfeit Ugg products have been seized in the last 3 years. And that's just the stuff they found.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I ordered 3 pairs of boots from Ugg and had to return one pair. See if you can still get free shipping and free returns. I didn't have any issues. You know if you order from Ugg, you get the real deal!
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Super Contributor

FYI - I recently went to Australia and there, UGG is actually more a generic term and not a manufacturer. I couldn't believe how many stores sold UGG items that were not 'real' - well they were, just not the UGG Australia brand that is a US brand. Blew my mind!

Some good info on Wiki - I didn't copy the entire thing so you can check it out for more info if you wish:

There has been a dispute between some manufacturers of ugg boots as to whether "ugg" is a protected trademark, or a generic term and thus ineligible for trademark protection. In Australia and New Zealand, where the term is considered generic, more than 70 registered trade marks include the term "ugg" in various logos and designs. By contrast, outside Australia and New Zealand, UGG is a brand manufactured by the California-based Deckers Outdoor Corporation, with the majority of its manufacturing occurring in China and with registered trademarks in over 130 countries worldwide including the U.S., United Kingdom, Canada all European Union members, and China.