Super Contributor

Is anyone else "shopped out"?

I don't have the desire to buy ANYTHING right now. Not even a new lipstick. And that's saying a lot for me!

I have done all my Christmas shopping. In November and in early December I added some nice pieces to my wardrobe.

There are sales and promotions galore, but I have just been deleting the e-mails and recycling the mailers/catalogs. I have great plans during the holidays to declutter and make some long-needed decisions about what to keep and what to donate (or toss). I read recently on a blog that the space will mean more to me than the stuff, and I believe it.

Anyone else shopped out?

Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else ""shopped out""?

Count me in! Or out, as I'm through shopping for Christmas. And I did my clothes shopping earlier in the season.

I've always done some organizing and purging in January. This time around, there might not be much to purge. I've got a lean wardrobe right now.

The rest of the house is different story. I need to do some streamlining in the kitchen, office, garage, etc.

Frequent Contributor

I'm at the point where I am tired seeing all the extra Christmas merchandise in the isles.Will be very happy when it is over.

Trusted Contributor

Shopped out?! I've barely started my Christmas shopping. I always do most of it in the last two weeks before Christmas, including on Christmas Eve. I actually like it that way!

Frequent Contributor

Oh Maddie! I'm so done!
Respected Contributor

I am for sure. I think I just finished up today on-line with Amazon. It was mostly for my grandsons. I fell behind this year and I am usually done by now. Didn't even want to look for anything for myself. Totally burnt out. Now onto planning dinners for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Family coming both days. I do love Christmas though, plus it's my birthday.

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure I won't be "shopped out" until they lower my coffin into the ground and start shovelling dirt on it...lol And even then, I might still find a way to shop...lol I am really sick of opening my email and seeing all those discount offers. I'm through Christmas shopping and I really don't need any winter items for myself. I try to avoid the bad habit of buying something just because it's 60 or 70% off. But I did buy a pair of boots that I will put away for next winter or even the winter after that. They were such a great bargain that I couldn't resist!

Honored Contributor

Is that even possible?

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'm shopped out, but now I have to wrap...and wrap....and wrap all of those gifts I've been shopping for since July. ACKKK! :-p

Honored Contributor

I'm out. I just don't know if I'm shopped out or dropped out. Whichever it is, I definitely have not done my part to boost the consumer economy this entire year.