Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, 12/12)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today, I'm not working as I'm off to see the cardiologist. It has been my duty this month to contribute to the medical coffers so their holiday season will be financially secure. This is just a routine deal as the meds I am on require me to have an EKG and be checked out every three months. I will also take my car in for the annual inspection sticker, so I hope there are no financial surprises there.

I was so tempted to get that Dennis Basso faux leather bomber jacket featured this morning on easy pay. I already have it in two colors and love it; it has also received many great comments as has the Dennis Basso coat that reverses. The students love to stroke the faux fur.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, 12/12)

Jean, Good luck with your appts. today. Yes, I also contribute my fair share to my medical community. I guess it is only money & I feel so good most of the time. I thank God every day that I can get out of bed & walk. I did some buying for myself this week too when DH & I went to see our DGS's band concert on Tuesday night. I got a not needed but cute pair of black short boots with a faux side zipper & a little bling along with a pair of slippers at DSW. I did have a $20 coupon & $8 left from a gift card so all totaled around $35.00. My DGD has a similar pair of boots & she loved them. My Christmas shopping is done except for a gift card or two. Wrapping is next on my list of Do's.

Today is mild again but cloudy. They are saying upper 40's starting tomorrow & continuing for a few days which is much above normal for this time of year.

I did finish up decorating yesterday & today will decorate the Christmas tree. I don't do a lot as the more I decorate the more I have to put away later.

I will be hosting Christmas Eve lunch for my side of the family again this year. I don't mind as if it is cold I don't have to brave the elements. There will be 14 of us so manageable. My one SIL will be hosting my DH's side of the family where there will be about 20 of us.

Hugs to all of you.

Valued Contributor

Kona, thinking of you as you visit you cardiologist.

Twinny2,your new boots sound so cute, I love bling.

My friend is going to change the oil in my car on Saturday and I will pay hime with a home cooked meal, its' a win win. I love to cook and he loves to eat. I really am enjoying his company, I never thought I would feel this way again.

Cold and clear here today, Saturday it is going to get into the 50s. Perfect for taking a walk outside.

I love Laura Gellar, this TSV is tempting, but I have found that there is alwys something in a kit I won't use. Ther goes the good deal, if you don't use it.

I hope that everyone is well.

Fhg I really hope you get your technical issues fixed, that is one thing that pushes me to the brink. I am not very technical and when it goes wrong I am at a loss.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa, I like LG too but like you say unused items are not making the deal very cost effective for me either. I am so happy for you & your friend coming into your life. We all know that your DH was precious to all of you, but our lives sometimes take a different path than we had expected. We are having November temps in December, but we had Dec. temps in Nov.

Valued Contributor

twinny2 Thank you for your kind thoughts. I have no idea where this will go, but for now I am enjoying his company.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Hope your appointments go well. I thought of you when I saw that DB jacket. Glad you are able to host the dinner twinny. It is so good that you feel well most of the time. I'm sure you were concerned that might not happen at one time. Nice trade Rosa -- oil change for a nice dinner. I really hope you continue to enjoy each other's company. Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers. DD and a couple of the kids and I went to Wal-Mart this morning. She wanted a vacuum for the steps since the Oreck she has is an upright. Hope the one we picked works well. I know she would like another vacuum (large), but I have spent way too much money. Perhaps next year sometime. She has taught me several things about my phone -- I can take pictures and listen to Amazon Prime music now. Guess I'm learning, but it is taking a while. LOL I don't think we will be doing much for DGS' birthday today since he will be going out with his friends, etc. But, we will have lunch out tomorrow. That should be fun. Hope everyone has a nice day! Hugs, Linda
Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday to your DGS---enjoy his birthday lunch. He is getting to an age where he has friends to be with. I know you have been busy on your visit.

Rosa: Such a sweet friend you have.

Twinny: good shopping finds. Cute boots. I can't wear boots--don't really need to, thank goodness.

Esteemed Contributor

LL, Have fun at the birthday lunch tomorrow. Yes, DH & I were very concerned that my life would never be the same again. The prognosis was very grim 13 years ago. Taking one day at a time is still difficult sometimes, but I know the Lord has me in the palm of His hand. DH & I don't have a cell phones, so we would certainly need ones for "dummies."

I thought my Christmas decorating was done when I remembered the 2 lighted wreaths that go on the front door & the large lighted wreath that goes on the large wall of the open stair way. All they needed were a few batteries each.

I think I am a Christmas "scrooge" this year too. I went to the grocery store to get our DS & DDIL Amer. Express gift cards & there was a $4.95 fee to activate each of them. I told the clerk to put them back for me. I will just send more cheese & sausage in their gift pack.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, the fourth technician just left - hopefully the problem is solved permanently. (sigh) They've all been very, very nice, but this one lives in my town, and invited me to his church which is nearby. I've been looking for a Wednesday fellowship, so will look into it this week; of course I'll continue to attend my regular church on Sundays. He said it's a pretty small group, which is what I prefer, as you can really get to know people that way.

Rosa, I'm happy you found a nice friend; I wish I could do so, but I seem to attract all the weirdos and users. {#emotions_dlg.crying} At least I've finally gotten to a point where I nip things in the bud as soon as I see someone isn't what I want - better no man than the wrong man!

Angelica scared the heck out of me yesterday. I had to go to Aldi and of course as soon as the car door was open, all the dogs hopped in. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Well, we got to the parking lot, and as soon as I opened the door, Angelica took off running. There were very busy streets on either side, and she didn't come when I called her; I was afraid she'd get hit by a car. I asked a number of men if they saw a dog run by dragging a leash (which I always use on her and will until she learns to come w hen called); several said they did, but none of them had the sense to stop her; finally an elderly woman did. (sigh) Some people have no sense whatsoever!

Anyway, I figured I was done with my shopping for the month, except for a trip to Tractor Supply, but wouldn't you know it - I forgot one essential from Aldi so I'll have to go back.

Jean, that's very nice of you to provide your doctors with a vacation in the tropics! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Thank the Lord that apart from my flare-ups (which I have meds for) I don't have any serious medical problems - I haven't seen a doctor in years, apart from my trip to the ER the summer before last when I thought I was having a heart attack.

Yesterday a friend whom I hadn't thought about in years suddenly came to my mind, and I looked her up on Google. Alice was very, very kind to me after my husband died; she was a stranger who offered me a ride when I was walking the several miles home from the supermarket (part of his abuse was refusing to teach me how to drive), and we became friends even though she's at least 20 years older than I - she was a real blessing when I needed her most. Anyway, I learned that the courts were petitioning to set up a guardianship for her, as apparently a social worker found her in her house without a working kitchen or bathroom, and dog poop all over the place; Alice is now in a nursing home, and from what I gather, has Alzheimer's and falls often. (She thinks she's just visiting there and her parents are taking care of her house.) She's really been heavy on my heart; please say a prayer for her if you get a moment.

I guess I should get some cleaning done; I also have a bunch more stuff to list on my FB yard sale for deployed troops page. So many needs out there - how I wish I were rich so I could do more!

Have a blessed day, everyone!