Honored Contributor

A234802 Great Boot For Bunions!

Clarks Suede Water Resist. Ankle Boots - Scheme Act

Got this boot yesterday and the toe box is great! The heel is just right and doesn't cause your back to arch. I'll have my stretcher s in them tonight for a little extra softening! Grab this one girls!

Whad brands do you consider "bunion friendly?

Respected Contributor

Re: A234802 Great Boot For Bunions!

I've done well with Aerosole and Andrew Geller. I have a spur on a bunion on one foot. I have narrow feet so it makes it more of a challenge.

What is the brand of this boot and what kind of stretcher do you use?

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 lavendar said:

I've done well with Aerosole and Andrew Geller. I have a spur on a bunion on one foot. I have narrow feet so it makes it more of a challenge.

What is the brand of this boot and what kind of stretcher do you use?

This is a Clarks brand which I usually find to be a little tight. I noticed the reviews rated it a little big so I figured it would be good.

This is a copy of a post I just did a few days ago. Hope it helps.

My family had the largest fine ladie's shoe store in town from the first WW until the 80's. I learned all about foot problems that had developed (not how they happened!) then developed myself a bunion! Every shoe that pushes the area over that bunion makes it grow. The best thing you can do style wise is to buy styles that you can slip in that don't hold on to that area across the foot. Usually that leaves us laceup, thong sandles, boots, and clogs! Everything else holds on!

I use the shoe stretchers from Colonical Medical Assisted Devices with the stretching spray. It really helps! I've ordered from other sites and these don't fall apart as the others do.

When I use these items, I usually keep them tightened tight for several days. When you put the shoe on, the area softens and isn't noticeable.

<h2>Images</h2> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> <tbody> <tr> <td valign="top" width="20%"> </td> <td valign="top" width="20%">

And a ball and ring bunion stretcher from AMAZON is absolutely necessary.

Best of luck! If you have questions, call me.Smile

• FootFitter Bunion Stretcher Ball & Ring, Cast Iron
</td> <td valign="top" width="20%"></td> <td valign="top" width="20%"></td> <td valign="top" width="20%">

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Respected Contributor

Thank you! I'm going to order them tomorrow. And yes, I have many boots, clogs, loafer styles and sandals. I can't wear heels but I can wear wedges. I can't wear ballerina flats because they cut across the big toe.

Super Contributor

All the White Mountain suede booties and ankle boots are the most comfortable for my bunions.......I have 8 pairs.........

Respected Contributor

Those boots are pretty!

Early in the fall I bought a pair of Propet's Sonia booties in Grey. I had read that Propet shoes and boots are a good choice for problem feet. I ordered a Wide size. (I have narrow feet, but the toe area had become such an issue that it was time to try a wide size.)

These fit perfectly in the Wide size (and they don't look noticeably wide). They are comfortable - soft, with arch support and good gripping on the bottoms. The top is adjustable (the fastening has Velcro underneath). I think they look cute on. I've worn them a lot!

I would love to have a heeled boot. High heels can be a problem, as they shift weight onto the part of my foot that is most sensitive. I have to be careful which ones I buy (and I don't like to spend a lot of time in them!).

Respected Contributor

Thank You! I wear a seven shoe. What size stretcher should I get? A small or a medium? I don't have any heels so I assume I should get the one for flats.

Suede and fabric always are easier. I can't buy a wide width because I have a 4A heel and the foot with the spur on the bunion is on one foot only. The other foot has a bunion that wouldn't be a problem. Sometimes I think I'll have to buy two pairs of shoes.

When I find something that works I buy every color I can wear. I think I have every pair of Petunia aerosole loafers sold. I bought a few pair from the Q and then found some marked down at the end of the season.

Since I feel shoe deprived I now grab anything fun. I'm toying with the idea of Lamos with sequins. So not me!

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 lavendar said:

Thank You! I wear a seven shoe. What size stretcher should I get? A small or a medium? I don't have any heels so I assume I should get the one for flats.

Suede and fabric always are easier. I can't buy a wide width because I have a 4A heel and the foot with the spur on the bunion is on one foot only. The other foot has a bunion that wouldn't be a problem. Sometimes I think I'll have to buy two pairs of shoes.

When I find something that works I buy every color I can wear. I think I have every pair of Petunia aerosole loafers sold. I bought a few pair from the Q and then found some marked down at the end of the season.

Since I feel shoe deprived I now grab anything fun. I'm toying with the idea of Lamos with sequins. So not me!

According to the sizing, small goes to 6 1/2 so you should order a medium. Any bunion that has pressure against it "protects" the foot by growing.

Be sure to get the spray. It really helps hold the shape!

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 peachesncream said:

Those boots are pretty!

Early in the fall I bought a pair of Propet's Sonia booties in Grey. I had read that Propet shoes and boots are a good choice for problem feet. I ordered a Wide size. (I have narrow feet, but the toe area had become such an issue that it was time to try a wide size.)

These fit perfectly in the Wide size (and they don't look noticeably wide). They are comfortable - soft, with arch support and good gripping on the bottoms. The top is adjustable (the fastening has Velcro underneath). I think they look cute on. I've worn them a lot!

I would love to have a heeled boot. High heels can be a problem, as they shift weight onto the part of my foot that is most sensitive. I have to be careful which ones I buy (and I don't like to spend a lot of time in them!).

Are you aware of Foot Smart? They have a fantastic catalog with all sorts of things. I use their ball of the foot gels because after teaching I'm now in retail! I love seeing people and see a lot of my former high school students!

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much! I intended to get the spray.

I'm still thinking about those Lamos with the sequins. Any excuse to get some fun shoes. I used to wear beautiful shoes.