Esteemed Contributor

If you had to carry ONE handbag for the next five years, what would it be?

This is meant to be a fun hypothetical question, so please don't come and tell me I am crazy, no woman in her right mind, etc., etc.

I just want to hear what you think constitutes a great universal handbag. Please share the brand/designer, style, color and approximate price range. Oh, and post a picture if you can.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: If you had to carry ONE handbag for the next five years, what would it be?

Probably a black leather Coach bag.

Respected Contributor

My Louis Vuittion Speedy. It can go anywhere.

Honored Contributor

LV Neverfull.

5 years is a long time though. LOL

Honored Contributor

Vera Bradley tote, holds a lot of stuff and is light and very pretty!!! I can carry a raft of things I might need. (Dog in tow).

Respected Contributor

A Brahmin. I LOVE the ones I have. Choosing a style & color for 5 years could be quite difficult! I guess if I HAD to pick it would be my Olivia Rose in Red.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Easy question for me to answer......my Coach Bleeker perforated tote (color: bone)......it's a perfect bag for me!!!! I bought it last spring.....carried it all summer and it still looks like new. I WILL probably carry it for 5 years!!

Trusted Contributor

Hi magicmoodz!

I used to have a ton of bags. I was always looking for that perfect bag. I really liked and wanted a LV but I couldn't afford one. Then one day, I could! Over the past 3-4 years, I have reduced my bags down to 5 bags!

First, I bought the Wilshire GM tote and I love it. It is perfect (to me)! I have been carrying it ALMOST every day of winter and fall for close to four years. It retails for $1650 now. I'm not sure what I paid, probably a little less as they do go up every year or so. It holds a ton and goes with everything.

In the spring and summer I pull out the Hampstead in the damier azur. This one is discontinued (i think. I just checked the site for the price and it wasn't there. I might have paid $1400) I love this one, too! I've carried it everyday in the spring and summer for 2 or 3 years.

For everyday, when I don't need a tote style, I have the papillon NM. Great mid size bag but in hindsight, I should have went with the Speedy-- but I try to not have the same as everyone. ($1200)

For special events and evenings I have the LV Louise, although beuatiful is probably the bag I carry the least. The gold hardware on the front is so pretty. This one is very expensive at $1700

As much as I use and love these.... the one bag that I would carry everyday for five years all seasons-- is the LV Eva Clutch. It has a short chain handle and a detachable cross body leather strap. It retails for $775. I chose this one because it is the most versatile bag I have. It goes from day to night, hands free to clutch, fits nicely in another bag, holds a lot for it's size, is stylish and durable. The perfect bag IMO.

There you have it-- my 5 bag wardrobe... :-)

What would you carry??

Frequent Contributor

DOONEY & BOURKE!! It is the perfect bag!

Super Contributor

My faux snakeskin in shades of orange and amber. I get more comments on that bag than any other ... even from men!