Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I have been up since 5:00 this morning and now I am ready for a nap. I think I saw a couple snowflakes out there, but I hope I am wrong. The weatherman said that is wasn't supposed to snow this week, we will see if he is correct.

LindaL - Glad you made it to MD safely, hope DH gets his luggage quickly.

Jean - I am with you, I would like it to be Jan 2, I am ready for the holidays to be over ( yes, I am a Scrooge).

Well I need to get moving, I have a couple gifts to wrap and really need to figure out some gifts for DH, he is very hard to buy for.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sorry you were up early and I hope you avoid the snow. I haven't talked to DH so far today, but when I talked to him last night he was just back from his grandson's choral concert. I think he enjoyed it, and I'm glad he made it there. DD was up bright and early, but I stayed in bed until 6:30. I wasn't tired, but I could have stayed in the warm bed a bit longer. What woke me up was food cooking. LOL Youngest DGS goes to school early (maybe 7:00 or so), and the others didn't get up until later. No snow or rain here so far -- the sun is nice. DGD and the two older boys are at the gym now. And, DD said we will go later. Hope I do okay at the gym -- I don't think I'll try anything too difficult. No other plans for the day, and I would like to find some Christmas gifts. Hopefully, they will give me some ideas while I am here. I am another one who could do without all the holiday shopping hype, but I'm trying to tune out the noise and concentrate on the positives -- decorations, music, etc. I know, good luck on that one. LOL Waves to Jean (hope work goes well), Kathleen (enjoy the time with your DH), twinny, Arlene, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers. Sorry about the lack of paragraphs. I forgot how to do that. Hugs, Linda
Valued Contributor

Good morning, I also woke up early. Also ready for a nap, but my boss frowns on that, she's funny that way.

Cold, dreary and windy today.

Not much going on. Shopping done, I have some wrapping to finish.

I have our Christmas Eve dinner menu done, just waiting.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! I am just taking my time getting ready to head out for my long overdue pedicure. DH went to spend some time at a sister company near the Galleria. lol I wanted to stay here and play house. Susan are you in a lot of pain?? Wish I could do your shopping for you. Rosa, what will you be cooking? I have to find and finalize our party menu for next week.
Valued Contributor

I will have a cheese platter and cold shrimp before dinner. I also make a wine slush for those that partake, if not punch.

Honey baked ham

roasted asparagus

sweet potato casserole (DIL will make)

crock pot mac & cheese ( brought by friend)

mashed potato casserole

pickle & olive dish

deviled eggs

Homemade rolls

Red velvet cake (brought by friend)

I forgot to add, we eat dinner, open gifts and then go to Church for a Candlelight service, it is beautiful

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon everyone.

Went out and did a little Christmas shopping for DH, but I still have to find a few more things.

Kathleen - I don't have a lot of pain (due to this wonderful drug I am taking), but the medicine makes you a little loopy. I can't wait until this is all done, I really don't like taking the medicine.

Rosa - What time is dinner??

LindaL - Isn't it funny what the smell of food will make you do. Have a good time at the gym.

Well off to sweep some steps and order a couple things for DH, have a good afternoon everyone.

Valued Contributor

PAlady 6:00, look forward to meeting you{#emotions_dlg.tt1} I always have plenty, that is the Southern way!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I'm still feeling out of it - I slept most of the day yesterday, and got up and out of bed today only because the technician from the internet company woke me up. I think I'm going to take a nap in a little while, then hopefully I'll feel up to going to Publix for a few things later, to the library to swap out my books, and possibly the PO as I might have a package to pick up.

I'm another one who wishes the "helliday" season was over - so much hype, so much emphasis on materialism, such high expectations set to have the perfect holiday, and all the "happy happy joy joy getting together with our wonderful, loving family...." Bah, humbug! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

My ever-so-generous favorite bear did buy me another Christmas present today - HSN has a 13.3" tablet in choice of colors (including purple!) for $299, with five flex pays. It looks like a good deal - it has a keyboard, and the larger screen will be nice for watching my shows when I'm settled in bed for the evening; I have adblocker on my laptop, so CBS doesn't let me stream the programs I want from here because they can't load the commercials.

I went to order a book for my pastor in Hawaii last night, but it's only available from the ministry and they wanted $8.95 for S&H - not gonna happen; that's half the cost of the book! {#emotions_dlg.mad} I got him another one instead from Amazon; "The Sunflower," written by Simon Wisenthal, and I've heard good things about it - it's about a Na/zi guard who asked his forgiveness. My shopping is done, except for a couple of books I'm sending to a friend in prison, but they're coming from Amazon and with two-day shipping I'll wait another week before I order them so he has them as near Christmas as possible.

Good to "see" you, Rosa.

Hopefully my internet problems are now resolved; he set up a second channel and moved the router into the living room. Autumn and Baby Donny were quite taken with the technician and didn't want to leave him alone; fortunately he was an animal lover. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Well, I'm going to take a nap. Mostly I'm hoarse and have no energy; I'm trying to just rest until this passes.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I think there are more Scrooges than what people would like to admit. Let's face it, when Christmas hype starts in July, it is a long six months of hearing about gifts.

I just got home in time to watch the 6:30pm news. I worked today and then had a doctor's appointment afterwards. Then I had to have another test done. Tis the month for one medical thing after another. I see the cardiologist on Friday. I am just tired of this but I'm fortunate that I am still ticking!

The good news is that our school district ranks 9th out of the state's 55 districts which is great for a rural district as those ranking higher were those in more urban areas with better financing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good evening everyone.

Arlene - Hope you are feeling better, I woke up feeling a little off this morning also, hope we all are not coming down with anything. Glad your bear is thinking about you, it is very thoughtful.

Jean - Hope all your tests turn out well. Glad you had a good day at work today, do you work tomorrow? Congratulations on the ranking for your school.

I did not get anything wrapped today, so I guess it will (maybe) happen tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening.