Occasional Contributor

Need a really nice, "dressier" pant! Suggestions???

Hi everyone. I am looking for a classy, rich looking, "dressier" pant... not ponte or velvet...that I can wear in the evening with lace...as well as with nice day jackets, sweaters, etc. I have a couple of SG liquid knits ...but need something "beefier" and nicer. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Need a really nice, "dressier" pant! Suggestions???

Full length palazzo pants in a heavy crepe will work

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

How about something like these tuxedo pants from Loft (different ""fits"" available).

Honored Contributor

Here are other options from J.Crew- $$$

Esteemed Contributor

I like Crystal knits by George Simonton A1023 .

Frequent Contributor

I swear by the Halogen Taylor fit suiting pants from Nordstrom. They are very classy looking, but still extremely comfortable.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone...appreciate your help! I like the fuller leg of the J.Crew pants as I have large hips and thighs ...and this style helps ""disguise"" this. I'm going to check the others out also...hopefully I'll find something that works! Thanks again everyone!
Esteemed Contributor

SG Chelsea stretch pants are very dressy and the quality is fantastic.
Respected Contributor

I've been buying JM Collection pants from Macy's in recent years. They have a lot of styles -dress pants, ponte pants, twill pants, and cotton/spandex pants & capris. They also carry various lengths.

I love the quality, and the prices are reasonable. The sizing is uniform across styles, in my experience.

Here's a link to the list of JM Collection at Macy's:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens-clothing/womens-pants/Brand,Sortby,Productsperpage/JM%20Collectio...

Another good brand for dress pants at Macy's is Alfani. Here's a list of their pants:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens-clothing/womens-pants/Brand,Sortby,Productsperpage/Alfani,ORIGINA...

I buy both brands. I would say that JM pants are a more comfortable fit, and nice work, dress or casual pants.

Alfani tends to be more fitted (and run smaller), and a bit edgier in design.