Contributor

I watched PM Style last night with Lisa Robertson and just by the way she talked I got the feeling the GILI line will be discontinued when she leaves QVC. She said if you like a GILI product order it now because they may not be able to get the item back. I really never heard her say that before.

Super Contributor

I didn't see the show, but they say that frequently when they are unable to order the product again for various reasons.

The GILI trademark is owned by QVC, not Lisa.

Respected Contributor

Lisa has said many times GILI is already well underway with products for 2015.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see PMS but it makes sense that QVC would discontinue the GILI line. I don't know if it's true or not but a co-worker called CS to ask about a particular GILI item and she was told that she should purchase the item now because when LR leaves at the end of this week, all things GILI will be gone.

Valued Contributor
On 12/9/2014 Chrystaltree said:

I didn't see PMS but it makes sense that QVC would discontinue the GILI line. I don't know if it's true or not but a co-worker called CS to ask about a particular GILI item and she was told that she should purchase the item now because when LR leaves at the end of this week, all things GILI will be gone.

Now that's interesting. How are they going to get rid of the existing inventory, then, if they are not planning to sell it?? Seems like a waste.

Valued Contributor

I do not think it matters if Lisa leaves or not...GILI will return under a new name (if it has been successful). Remember Motto and Sport Savvy? A few factories in China make all this stuff and label it as requested. A host or ""designer"" will have some input with the development of the product or line. The one ray of ""different"" was with Linea as far as quality and classic design...it has also been reduced to kind of ordinary. DB ""furs"" once were better. Carole Hochman at one time would offer a nice robe for the holiday season. Affinity is now made in China with hit and miss quality and control...other stores and shopping arenas are no different than QVC. All sad and true.

Honored Contributor

I think she was a "hands on" with the line as far as some designing and such but still more of a front man and not an investor or owner. Should go forth without her just fine if people like it. I am sure we will find out very soon what her plans are and with who, if anyone or company.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

If that is true. Then why is Godfreako continuously posting items that will be available in 2015 by GILI?

The remark Lisa made was during the presentation of the leather dress. Her comment did not indicate that GILI was coming to an end. It sounded to me like she was informing buyers that if they liked the dress it won't be rordered if it sells out.

She went on to say that GILI items were for the most part always intended to be offered, but not continuously restocked. ie The line was never intended to be like Denim & Company that reorders the same items year after year?

Anyway that is what I understood. Again, the posts from Godfreako lead me to believe that there will indeed be GILI itmes in 2015. I guess we will find out in a few weeks if all of the GILI items are removed from the website. (I think that would be odd since it is a QVC line).

Honored Contributor

godfreako posted a very long list of GILI items one day that are coming for 2015 so i am sure there are a lot of pieces either finished or already in production.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Lisa and her social media assistant have posted a number of times that the items already in production for GILI will be sold in 2015. I got the feeling nothing new other than what is already in the pipeline will be brought out.

Lisa has said a number of times while presenting GILI jewelry items that once they are sold out, they won't be back because she is the designer and since she's leaving, those designs will be going as well.

It will be interesting to see if they present the items and mention Lisa at all since she keeps talking about being the designer of these items.