Trusted Contributor

With the popularity of the Ugly Christmas Sweater and Ugly Christmas Sweater parties, where are all the ugly sweaters in the stores? I used to see them every year but am surprised to not see an abundance of them now with their increasing popularity.... I need one for a party this year. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

Sakuya--I actually saw Ugly Sweater kits in Kohls in Winston Salem. The kit included a sweater and a variety of "thinks" that could be added to the sweater to customize your very own "ugly"sweater. They had kits for women, men and kids.

Trusted Contributor

LOL! Thanks! I will check it out!

Respected Contributor

I found this online. I can't make it so you can click on it since I'm on my phone though.Smiley Happy

"Where to find ugly Christmas sweaters,"

http://www.nationaluglychristmassweaterday.org/where-to-buy.php

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Nope! Nor ugly Hanukkah sweaters. Smiley Wink

But TipsyElves.com has awesome ones, and made a deal with "Shark Tank" last year.

Valued Contributor

Spencers also sell the Ugly Sweater kits.

Trusted Contributor

There is a kiosk in our local mall this year that is actually selling what they are marketing as ""ugly Christmas sweaters"". They are full-price and brand new.

Esteemed Contributor

The thing that bothers me about the Ugly Christmas Sweater phenomenon is that someone may buy these sweaters and wear them because they like them, not being aware of the real intent.

Esteemed Contributor

Macy's has some Christmas sweaters, sweatshirts, and t-shirts. Some of them aren't very ugly, but rather pretty embroideries and studded designs. I bought a black tee with a very sophisticated studded reindeer on it. I didn't think ugly at all when I saw it. I'm not totally without humor and do have a couple of fun Christmas theme tops.

Frequent Contributor
On 12/9/2014 Johnnyeager said:

The thing that bothers me about the Ugly Christmas Sweater phenomenon is that someone may buy these sweaters and wear them because they like them, not being aware of the real intent.

I have one or two vintage Quacker factory sweaters that I loved and wore teaching Sunday School, etc, for the short window of time it was appropriate. I hesitate to even pull them out now! (And I still think they are lovely; not too overly adorned, and beautifully made). Keeping them for the inevitable day they are popular again!!!