Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.

I went to my concert yesterday afternoon. It was in the Opera House in my town--which is a historic building. I arrived early--found a seat and settled in. The people in front of me (the one man was definitely imapired---I could smell it---and he was making inapporiate comments) but a bit of a damper on things. It was a lovely concert--lasted about 90 minutes. Saw two couples that I know. By the start of the program the venue was packed.

Today the sun is out---so I can recharge--I definitely don't do as well in gray days!. My friend is about three hours into her surgery--estimated five hours total.

I see it is the gift push for Christmas!.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT--Monday

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. Glad the sun is out. That concert sounds very nice. Sorry the man in front of you was making inappropriate comments. Hope your friend's surgery goes well.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, twinny, Arlene, Susan, Marijane, Gayle, Rosa, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I went out to dinner last night, and it was nice. The plumber did not show up yesterday, but he did this morning. The yard is dug up, and I think he is out looking for parts, etc.

DH and I walked this morning, and I have been to Curves. I have a bookclub meeting this afternoon, but I'm not sure that I'll attend since I'm pretty worked up about the house and trip.

Meanwhile youngest DGS was sick again, and DD took him to the doctor this morning. She said she will probably need to take my SIL to the doctor this afternoon. Fun, fun.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

This is the first time I have lost a post!

Cold and dreary here, getting my hair cut and colored after work today. The same woman has done my hair for 30 years so enjoy our visit as much as I do getting my hair done.

My tree is finallu decorated, each ornament has its' own story. I do love to look at the tree when it is lit and remember each ornament.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

The concert I attended yesterday was excellent as well - my friend described it as "magnificent!" The church had a full orchestra and a chorus in addition to our regular choir; there was a nice mix of songs: some from Handle's "Messiah" (including, of course, the Hallelujah Chorus), a couple of traditional carols, "Days of Elijah," and some more contemporary ones that were new to me. It seemed that several alluded to the rapture, which was nice; I love that about the new pastor.

We were supposed to meet at the restaurant at 3 p.m., and when we got there discovered that it's closed from 3-4. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} We ended up going to a Chinese buffet, but I was really disappointed - I was so in the mood for Mongolian grill. The buffet we went to has a grill, but it's nowhere near as good, and has less than half the items to select from.

When I got home it seemed that Angelica had some anxiety issues - she tore half the stuffing out of one of the doggie beds, and chewed up a food bowl. (sigh) She and Honeybun have been having some dominance issues; they get into fights from time to time, I guess trying to determine who's the alpha dog.

Sorry to hear about that guy in front of you, Linda; too bad you couldn't change seats. That's one of the reasons I rarely go to movies or anything anymore - people think the world revolves around them and have no manners whatsoever.

I'm having trouble getting going today - I'm fighting off a cold, and have no energy. I got up and put the dogs out and fed them, then got a call from a utility worker down the block - Autumn and Angelica escaped, and he found them. (sigh) They were just down the block so I hopped in the car in my PJs and went and got them. My Echo arrived, although it can't be opened until Christmas Eve, and I also got an Amazon package from my cousin, which she said I can't open until Christmas.

I do have to get to the PO and the library; I just don't have any energy.

Hope you get your plumbing repaired soon, Linda.

The friend I was out with last night asked if I had seen the FB posting from another Tea Party friend of ours; she said it looked like she had lost her job and was asking questions about unemployment. The one I was with isn't at all computer savvy, so I went and looked, as I hadn't seen any notifications from the other friend - I found the one that she mentioned, then went back a few posts, and sure enough, she's being laid off as of Christmas. This is the friend who makes a decent income, but doesn't know how to budget so can never afford to go anywhere with us. I have to give her a call - this is a rough time of year to be out of work, and it's also around this time last year that her mother died and she's been fighting depression. I hope she gets a good severance package.

Well, I think I'll take a nap, then maybe I can get out. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi Rosa! Just saw you. I always copy my posts before I hit submit - too many bad experiences!

I need to get a haircut as well - maybe in a week or two.

Respected Contributor

Linda, thank you for starting us. Sometimes people are just so irritating!! Steve came and took me out for brunch this morning and a girl at a table was listening to a show or something, kind of loud, then the background music of the establishment, and it just grated on me. That has happened with kid toys/videos a couple times lately. I am just so audio oriented that things like that really bother me. I'm glad you enjoyed the program though.

So glad the plumber came and is busy working on the problem Linda. What book did you read last month? I get pretty worked up about those things too.

Yesterday was a good "down" day for me. I still have not wrapped, I guess I must talk about it for a couple weeks here. Tonight have to stop by the grocery, and DH left the dog in the house. Silly I know, but I will rush home to let her out because I feel bad her being alone all day. ha ha

I did pick out clothes last night so I have a bag packed for the weekend and a bag packed for the party. I guess I'm getting around this week.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm sorry that your event was less than perfect because of the impaired individual.

LindaL--It is good that the plumber has started on the work, but I know it isn't a pleasant situation with all the repairs to be done.

Rosa--It is cold and dreary here with snow in some areas predicted for tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Arlene--Sorry that you were not able to eat at the preferred restaurant but the positive is that you were able to enjoy some great music, etc.

Kathleen--Having "down" days are important; we can recharge and be ready for all the activity ahead, and you are a very busy person.

I don't have much to add except to say that I worked a full day today and will work tomorrow. I am tired as I haven't worked for a few days. The colonoscopy is a thing of the past, so I'm glad to be getting back to normal activities. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday with my primary care doctor and also on Friday with the cardiologist.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda R. too bad about that "jerk" at the concert last night. Seems like there is always one in every crowd. Hope your friends surgery goes well for her.

LL, Prayers for you as you are fixing the water problems & trying to get ready for a nice vacation. Help the DGS is better soon too.

Rosa, I lost 2 posts yesterday but 3 was a charm as they say. I have had the same stylist for about 30 years too. Nice to get a good one. I think she may retire in a couple of years. Lucky that you have the tree up & decorated. I started doing some decorating today but I got a lot of calls & interruptions so didn't get as much done as I wanted. I think the tree will get put up on saturday with any luck at all.

FHG, glad the concert was good but sorry the restaurant didn't work out for you. Hopefully your furry pets will soon like each other with no jealousy problems.

RC, I hope you have fun at your upcoming party. I finally did get some Christmas presents bought yesterday. Now I can admire them before they get wrapped.

Jean, Good luck with your appts. this week. No doubt you are tired between teaching & medical appts. Hopefully you will soon get some much needed rest.

It was foggy & drizzly all day here. Schools were delayed by two hours today because of the freezing drizzle. It did get up to the 30's so is much warmer than normal. Now I can see that there is a light layer of snow on the driveway. The good thing is that it is enough to track a cat so we have had 3 snowfalls so & 35 more to come.

I did start putting up some Christmas decos today, but had a lot of interruptions so didn't get as much done as I wanted to. Tomorrow after lunch DH & I are going to our other DGS's band concert. We are staying overnight as we don't want to take a chance on hitting a deer on the way home. They are out in full force right now. In less than 2 weeks two people from church have hit deer & smashed up their cars. It is supposed to be in the 40's by Friday so it will be about 15 degrees above normal for this time of year.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

What a crazy evening. I double booked dinner, cancelled one and my other friends (one in Macedonia) cancelled too. Felt bad for a few minutes but decided that it "was not meant to be". I did grab food on the way home but did not make it to grocery.

DH has been losing socks. Took a bunch more up there. He had been stuffing them in the bedside drawer and leaving it open so I rearranged clothes, as I always do. On the way home he stopped and bought 2 pkgs socks. You guessed it, found those socks that were hiding! lol

Might have to wrap some for Christmas, you think? ha ha

Kyanne is crazy tonight as I have not given her enough. Tomorrow she will get all of me.