Super Contributor

Love them or hate them?? One size fits all.... really? Thanks for you input to help me decided whether to try them or not.

Respected Contributor

Love them for layering. Would NOT wear them by themselves or in any way showing off the midriff area. Clingy, and I am not as thin as I once was. (I have the large.) I can see them fitting up to a size 2 or 3 X woman -- they are very stretchy. If you are really, really heavy, give them a pass (over a size 3 x or so).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

My question about skinny tees-Do they ride up or do they stay in place?

Super Contributor

I love them! They do not ride up on me. I am 5'5"" and 150 lbs. I have wide hips. I pull the tee down over my hips and they stretch easily. No rolling. I wear these under just about everything.

Super Contributor
On 12/6/2014 bbluvr said:

I love them! They do not ride up on me. I am 5'5"" and 150 lbs. I have wide hips. I pull the tee down over my hips and they stretch easily. No rolling. I wear these under just about everything.

Can I ask what kind of bra looks best under these?

Super Contributor
On 12/6/2014 AnnaBella said:
On 12/6/2014 bbluvr said:

I love them! They do not ride up on me. I am 5'5" and 150 lbs. I have wide hips. I pull the tee down over my hips and they stretch easily. No rolling. I wear these under just about everything.

Can I ask what kind of bra looks best under these?

Good question. I don't know what your personal bra preference is, but since I only use for layering and not on it's own I don't think about wearing a specific bra. My bra preference is an unpadded underwire. I wear a nude under the white and a black bra under my black or navy. I would avoid any bra with lace or ornamentation. It will be lumpy bumpy.

Honored Contributor

I'm a senior citizen and use them as a layering piece. I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs. They stay down beautifully. I find it best to step into them, rather than trying to put them on over your head, in case that hasn't been pointed out previously. They are amazingly stretchy, yet seem to bounce back when I take them off.

Super Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't like the fit of the skinny tee. I'm 5'2", 147# and I was uncomfortable in it.

Trusted Contributor
On 12/6/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

Love them for layering. Would NOT wear them by themselves or in any way showing off the midriff area. Clingy, and I am not as thin as I once was. (I have the large.) I can see them fitting up to a size 2 or 3 X woman -- they are very stretchy. If you are really, really heavy, give them a pass (over a size 3 x or so).

I think you hit them right on. I love mine, they stay in place but I always wear mine under something, cardi etc. They are somewhat revealing if you dont, esp the lighter colors.
Honored Contributor
I wear skinny tees a lot but only under something .They stay put and I love that they give a little extra length or color to my top.My friend that is a size 16 can wear the same top that fits me ..size6 ..so I guess that they really are sized to fit most.They do provide a little hold and make my clothes fit smoother.