Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!!

Good morning ladies! I hope all are doing well. I am thinking about Jean and hope all is going well.

I ended up with a $197 haul at Cracker Barrel and finished up my shopping, except for whatever little things I find along the way. When I got the discount it came to $99 and I was tickled pink! DH got home last night and it was nice to have him here. He brought me to work and when he picks me up we will head out to give carriage rides.

Struggling with making the "perfect" signs with prices and a "please don't park her" sign. Why that voice in my head isn't nicer I really don't know. And where did it come from? I don't think it was my parents. In any case I redid one of them here at work (with the proper untensils lol) and will do the other this afternoon.

What is everyone up to? I am hungry and it is lunchtime.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!!

What a haul!!!! Oh how nice your are doing the carriage rides. Are you staying overnight or coming home!! It should be nice weather---although last night I came home in drizzle.

I had lunch yesterday with the two ladies that I worked with. They were discussing HSN and the Q--how much they enjoyed shopping. I just smiled---as I am trying so hard to get on the other side!!! Julie picked up her handbag and I commented on it---she said Dooney on ez-pay!!! Amanda recently bought a pilates--she said ez-pay helped pay it out as it was so much. I know she is very discrimminating about her puchases and I don't think she buys just to buy!!!

Jean: Hope all is well--and you get a good report.

My friend who has BC will be having her surgery on Monday. I have another friend who is still waiting to get into the doctor. Prayers for all those who are dealing with health issues and ""life""!.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I made a dish to take for our dinner. I decided to stop at a new bakery in town and pick up a dessert. There were only two pies---I finally chose an apple pie--even though I am not a fan---when I went to pay she charged me half. I am not sure if it was because it was close to closing!. I will definitely go back and support this business. It is a ""grassroots"" operation. I noticed half the pie was left as we were cleaning up. I went to take a load of tablecloths out to the vehicle. When I came back I didn't see it---I hope someone took it home to enjoy. It was chocked full of apples and I am sure it was yummy. I love apples--but enjoy them in the natural state!.

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon, I just finished lunch. Not too busy here at work of course that can change in an instant.

I have to go to the grocery store this weekend.My DH was the designated grocery shopper, not my favorite chore, that and filling the car up with gas.

My shopping is also finished I just need to stay home and put ornaments on my "naked" tree.

I have had dinner a few times with a male friend that I have known for 25 years. Wow this so different, but he is very kind and fun. I told my DHs' family beacuse I did not want them to think I was being disrespectful. They have been very good to me and just want me to be happy. I was concerned because DH has only bee gone 8 months. This dating at 58 is new but we do enjoy each others company.

Respected Contributor

Rosa: That is wonderful---enjoying your friend's company. I don't think you are being disrepectful. You and your DH had a special relationship. I know he is still very much in your heart and always will be. But it is nice to be around someone who is kind and funny----you go girl!!!

Respected Contributor

Linda we are staying both nights, will likely steal home sunday morning. We stay in the motorhome, which is parked there at the rides, so it makes it nice to be alone. I've had good luck and then bad with our local bakery. I'm sure someone took that pie home!!

Rosa, you have no idea how happy I am to read this. Good for you! I'm so glad the family is supportive. I need to get groceries too, no idea when that will happen.

Lunch at the cafeteria was a burger. I ate with one of my favorite people here, someone I never get to spend much time with so it was a nice surprise to see her there.

Valued Contributor

Kittyfan and Rock chick, your kinds word mean so much to me. I have known him for 25 years he has been a good friend to our family for a long time. He is also 6'5" which is a big plus considering I am 5'11"{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, the Christmas packages for the military are all on their way, including a package for a young female Marine I heard of - she's 19 and on her first deployment, which means it'll be her first Christmas away from home - and her birthday is coming up as well. Funny how things work out - I had purchased a few little "extras," not knowing what I'd do with them, including a miniature gingerbread house, and they fit into the empty spaces in her box perfectly. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I hope they cheer her up a bit.

Rosa, you're very blessed to have a friend like that; having him there will make the holidays a lot less difficult for you as well. I've given up on ever finding "Mr. Right," but it sure would be nice to at least have a companion, especially one I could get a hug from now and then. Unfortunately, I have yet to find someone I would care to spend time with.

Twinny, the "Echo" is a bit hard to describe - it's an electronic toy/robot/whatever that does all sorts of things, and looks like it would be fun. You can read all about it at this link. - there's a video there as well. It's half price for Prime members, so if someone wanted it who wasn't already a Prime member it would behoove them to get the membership since the difference saved would more than pay for it, and they'd have all the other advantages that come with it.

Angelica is quite the lovey-girl and can't get enough hugs and kisses. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Now I have three babieswho make a mad dash for the car the second I open the door, even if it's just to get something out of it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Poor Autumn is jealous; she went out and didn't come home last night; I was worried about her, but then discovered that she's been hanging out in the nice new neighbors' yard - probably in part because they have a little girl and a baby, and she loves little kids. She refused to come to me when I called her, and when I went to get her she snapped at me; I had to get her leash and fool her into thinking we were going for a walk, but I just led her inside the house so we could have some one-on-one time. She's gotten some special treats, and now she's on the couch next to me, taking a nap. Poor thing...she probably thinks she's not loved anymore and has been replaced, so I'll have to make sure she gets extra love and cuddles.

I stopped by Walmart yesterday to pay the sewer bill and picked up a couple of things that I had forgotten when I went the day before. My Christmas shopping is done, apart from a book I have to order for my pastor in Hawaii, and I need to make one more trip to Aldi and one to Tractor Supply, and that's it for shopping for this year. Aldi was out of unsalted butter, which I need for baking, and it cost twice as much in Walmart - that difference adds up when you need a lot of something. Walmart was out of buttermilk as was Aldi - there seems to be a run on it this year - it's odd for several stores to be out of the same thing. Tractor Supply has a big sale on batteries, and the dogs are getting pig ears for their Christmas treat.

Saying a prayer for your friends, LindaR.

Well, it's overcast and looks like rain out there, so today I'm going to get all my things listed for sale on-line.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. Hope the carriage rides go well this weekend. You certainly did well at Cracker Barrel. I prefer their gift shop to their food -- lots of unusual but nice items.

Hi LindaR. I hope your friends with BC do okay. I know that treatment can be difficult, but hopefully they will get through it okay. I know what you mean about hearing about shopping. I try not to get tempted by wanty, but it can be difficult. Like you, I prefer apples without the pie, but I'm sure that one was tasty.

I think it is great that you have been having dinner with your "old" friend Rosa. My SIL told me when she was dating, and I was very happy for her. I'm sure your DH's family wants you to be happy, and I also know there will always be a place for your DH in you heart.

Waves to Jean (hope your procedure went okay), Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, Karen, Gayle, Val, Nancy, Sonya, and all of our posters and readers.

My youngest DGS has bronchitis again, but I guess he is doing better now that he is on medicine again. Army DGS has Reserves this weekend, and he and his parents will be briefed about his deployment. DGD didn't have much fun ice skating yesterday, but I'm glad she had a chance to celebrate her friend's birthday. Today, she has chemistry class at the college (teens on campus).

I had my hair trimmed this morning, and DH and I had a nice walk. Later, I plan to go to Curves.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Funky, thank you too. He is nice and we enjoy each others company very much. I am taking things slow and just enjoying things as we go.