Respected Contributor

Positive Thread for the Gili Jacket. Negative Nellies stay away!

I am anxiously waiting for my UPS driver to get here!! I did order up a size and ordered Blush and Black. Can't wait for this jacket. I think Moto Jackets never go out of style and will wear this for 10+ years at LEAST!

Ladies that love this jacket and are getting it or got it please join in with your opinions and advice. I wanted to talk about the jacket and found a long thread that was just so negative I couldn't join that thread and had to start a new one for those who can wear this jacket because they are strong, confident women with fashion. Smiley Happy

Seriously any negative posters please move on and find something else to talk about.

Respected Contributor

Re: Positive Thread for the Gili Jacket. Negative Nellies stay away!

OK, here I am! I have scores of leather jackets that I wear to work in our cold office, and the moto style is my favorite. I wasn't going to buy this one because I already have so many, but when I saw the presentation (I probably shouldn't have DVR'd it!), I had to order it in the chalk (one color I don't already have). Admittedly, I am 5'5" and very thin with only about a 33-34" chest, so I ordered the size 2 because the graphics said that it had a 37" bust. I like to wear this type of jacket half-zipped, so the bust usually isn't an issue anyway. I just hope the leather is soft and lightweight.......I'm really jazzed about getting a jacket in white. I already have another leather jacket in light pink, and any dirt that has gotten on it just wipes off easily with a damp cloth. (I also read the "other" thread you referred to.)

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

LisaB please review as soon as you get yours! I'm conflicted as to get my regular GILI size or go up. Hosts are each saying something different.
Trusted Contributor

On 12/5/2014 Cooper7 said:

Negative Nellies stay away! Who appointment you to stop people from voicing their opinion. As far as I know we are all entitled to our opinion and we all have the right of free speech and if we don't like something, sorry we all have a right to say so. I am glad LR is leaving to stop all of this nonsense on these blogs. I don't like the jacket, but 14,000 have sold so there are some who have to have whatever LR wears no matter how it looks. Good luck with that!

You sound like such a nice person! Now...Back to the thread... LisaB .... Could you review the jacket when it arrives? I ordered & cancelled several times. I ordered a larger size in black, chalk & nude pink shade. I think I'll be ok. Not sure how the pink will look... It might wash me out. I plan to keep only 2.
Respected Contributor

On 12/5/2014 2blonde said:

OK, here I am! I have scores of leather jackets that I wear to work in our cold office, and the moto style is my favorite. I wasn't going to buy this one because I already have so many, but when I saw the presentation (I probably shouldn't have DVR'd it!), I had to order it in the chalk (one color I don't already have). Admittedly, I am 5'5" and very thin with only about a 33-34" chest, so I ordered the size 2 because the graphics said that it had a 37" bust. I like to wear this type of jacket half-zipped, so the bust usually isn't an issue anyway. I just hope the leather is soft and lightweight.......I'm really jazzed about getting a jacket in white. I already have another leather jacket in light pink, and any dirt that has gotten on it just wipes off easily with a damp cloth. (I also read the "other" thread you referred to.)

I think the chalk looks amazing!!!!! I got the Blush so can't get two light colors. That Tan is calling out my name. I think the 2 is totally going to fit you. So glad to hear that any dirt will wipe right off. Mine are on the UPS truck and I had to run out to the hairdresser so I hope they are at home when I get back.

thanks for understand the thread and joining in. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

There are already several posts about this jacket that mix positive and negative opinions.

I see nothing wrong with the OP asking for a nice thread from people who have bought the jacket. Why can't the Negative Nellies and Debbie Downers continue posting on the other threads about this coat?

OP, apparently it's too much to ask that a thread be nice. I think as soon as people think they are being bossed around, they react by doing just what you asked them not to do. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Valued Contributor

it's a beautiful jacket.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

As to this thread, I didn't order the jacket because it's just not for my figure type. But I think it's very sharp looking and I hope all of you who bought it enjoy it. I wish I could wear it.

Respected Contributor

On 12/5/2014 Bestdressed said:
On 12/5/2014 Cooper7 said:

Negative Nellies stay away! Who appointment you to stop people from voicing their opinion. As far as I know we are all entitled to our opinion and we all have the right of free speech and if we don't like something, sorry we all have a right to say so. I am glad LR is leaving to stop all of this nonsense on these blogs. I don't like the jacket, but 14,000 have sold so there are some who have to have whatever LR wears no matter how it looks. Good luck with that!

You sound like such a nice person! Now...Back to the thread... LisaB .... Could you review the jacket when it arrives? I ordered & cancelled several times. I ordered a larger size in black, chalk & nude pink shade. I think I'll be ok. Not sure how the pink will look... It might wash me out. I plan to keep only 2.

I will definilty come here right away. I am at the hairdresser with color on my head, have a haircut and then bolting home and hopefully they will be there. I will post immediatly. I ordered my normal size then seconded guessed myself and ordered up. I want to try on immediatly so if i need to order more I will. I did the same as you minus the Chalk but want it too. Black and Blush.

Respected Contributor

On 12/5/2014 TeachRsPet said: LisaB please review as soon as you get yours! I'm conflicted as to get my regular GILI size or go up. Hosts are each saying something different.

I will review right away here for you. Luckily there are colors and sizes still avail.