Super Contributor

SG TSV arrived - it's a keeper

My black coat came today.

I ordered the size I would normally order for an outerwear piece.

Fit is perfect! It looks nice. No issues with it at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SG TSV arrived - it's a keeper

That's good. In shopping around for anyone who is on the hunt for this type of coat the SG TSV was a good price. I haven't seen anything similar for less than $80. Now you have described as a nice coat. I hope others are just as pleased as you are.

Super Contributor

I ordered the white and mine came today also. I like it and feel like the faux leather is less distinguishable, which I like. That said, I may Scotchguard mine just because of the faux wool/fabric portions. My only suggestion would be to add knit cuffs underneath for extra wind blockage (even if they're not seen), but I did know they weren't part of the design when I ordered. I'm happy with the fit and look. It was a good price, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I received mine in white and it's beautiful! It fit well in my usual size EXCEPT the sleeves were way too long for me. I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep it and have the sleeves fixed or return it. It's a beautiful coat, so I'm torn.....
Super Contributor

On 12/4/2014 californiamomofthree said:

I ordered the white and mine came today also. I like it and feel like the faux leather is less distinguishable, which I like. That said, I may Scotchguard mine just because of the faux wool/fabric portions. My only suggestion would be to add knit cuffs underneath for extra wind blockage (even if they're not seen), but I did know they weren't part of the design when I ordered. I'm happy with the fit and look. It was a good price, too.

There are knit pieces called "wristers" that are ribbed fingerless gloves that can be knitted as long as you want. If you can knit, or know someone who will make them for you, look at Vogue Knitting's website for "ribbed wristers." I made them in several colors to go with all my coats.

You can also find crochet patterns online - look for fingerless mitts.

ETA: For non-knitters - cut the ribbed tops off some woolly socks. Just a quick hem around the cut end and you have wristers.

Super Contributor

On 12/5/2014 Kathleen said:

There are knit pieces called "wristers" that are ribbed fingerless gloves that can be knitted as long as you want. If you can knit, or know someone who will make them for you, look at Vogue Knitting's website for "ribbed wristers." I made them in several colors to go with all my coats.

ETA: For non-knitters - cut the ribbed tops off some woolly socks. Just a quick hem around the cut end and you have wristers.

lol I actually forgot that I own a pair of "arm warmers", which are essentially fingerless gloves. Mine are cream and brown cable striped with a thumb hole! Thanks for reminding me and great solution!

Super Contributor

On 12/5/2014 californiamomofthree said:
On 12/5/2014 Kathleen said:

lol I actually forgot that I own a pair of "arm warmers", which are essentially fingerless gloves. Mine are cream and brown cable striped with a thumb hole! Thanks for reminding me and great solution!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Glad you like your coat Kathleen. I think most ladies should have sized up in this coat, from the reviews. Maybe Susan should tell ladies to do that with her next TSV. I don't think most women think to do that and order their regular size.

Contributor

I also got one in the blue color. While I really like it on, it is not warm enough for me. I have to stand outside for bus duty both morning and afternoon sometimes for 45 minutes. I wore my new jacket today for the 1st time in 34 weather. I was freezing the whole time.

It did fit me in my regular size.

Super Contributor

On 12/8/2014 poohki said:

I also got one in the blue color. While I really like it on, it is not warm enough for me. I have to stand outside for bus duty both morning and afternoon sometimes for 45 minutes. I wore my new jacket today for the 1st time in 34 weather. I was freezing the whole time.

It did fit me in my regular size.

You should check out LandsEnd. I bought a Squall Parka last year for particularly cold days - like today when it was 24 degrees and windy when I went out this morning.