Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 12/4)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is the day I'm doing the prep for the colonoscopy tomorrow. It is my duty during this holiday season to contribute to the medical coffers so they can have a great holiday. I have two other medical appointments this month, one with the cardiologist and one with the primary care doc who is checking me out for a possible kidney issue. In the meantime, I'm am draining the town's water supply with the increased water intake.

I'm watching Susan Graver but I don't anticipate any clothing purchases as I'm well stocked until Spring. I do like the TSV but I already purchased a DB coat earlier this year and it is more practical for wear in this area and it can be reversed to a fur look should I so desire. I have a Michael Kors bag at eBay which I am watching. It is a "gently used" bag in which the pictures look very good. I guess the bag could go with my new glasses, the frames of which are Michael Kors. I didn't notice that when purchasing the glasses so the name was not a factor.

I see via the shipping link that the wallet I ordered at half price on the two-day Black Friday weekend sale has been delivered to the Post Office. I like the WalletBe's and the way they organize and quality which means they last for a very long time. I remember when QVC once sold these, but the styles have changed some since then.

As a result of all these shopping splurges, I'll have to be a very good little shopper for the rest of the month. The seller on eBay has yet to reply to my question so it is doubtful that the bag will be coming home to me.

I did go online and pay some bills. I did see that a credit card is reflecting all these purchases. I pay this card in full each month so there is no interest. I do get rewards which I have redeemed. Right now, I have over $400 which has been accumulating for a year which I can use as a statement credit or other method later on. I've always used it as a statement credit. I put as many things as possible on this card, including my utilities.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 12/4)

Good Morning! I sure don't envy you with that prep today Jean, but hopefully you will get through it and the test tomorrow with no problems. DH had two medical appointments this month, but both have been changed to January. I probably wouldn't want to do that if we lived in Maryland (due to possible bad weather), but it doesn't make much difference around here. Hope you like your purchases, including that purse if you do end up buying it.

Like you, I have been accumulating points on my credit card, which I'll be using to pay part of the bill. One of those will pay my Amazon Prime membership. I really like Amazon Prime.

I like the TSV, but I haven't worn my DB suede/fur coat since we moved here. So, buying another faux fur coat would be silly. DD ordered the SG TSV coat, and she said that she likes it since it is fairly long and will be useful for the cold weather.

Army DGS did register for the spring semester at college. Since he is supposed to be deployed, they changed his classes to on-line rather than on campus.

DD was taking youngest DGS to the clinic yesterday since he is still coughing, etc. a lot. Hopefully, he will be better today.

It is raining here this morning, and actually rained last night. That is notable in this desert climate. LOL I decided that DH and I should postpone our walk until early afternoon. I will be going to Curves later.

I was not very productive yesterday. My first batch of muffins was a fail (I was interrupted, and left out the baking soda), and by the time I made the second batch, went to Curves, and made dinner, that was all the baking that I did. Hopefully, today will go better. I did start packing for our trip to Maryland next week.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene (your new dog sounds really nice), twinny, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, Susan, Karen, Gayle, Nancy, Val, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good Morning ladies:

Linda---oh I so dislike making an error in cooking---ingredient costs do add up. Hope your DGD is feeling better and it is nice that you DGS could switch to online classes.

Jean: I know you are staying close today!. Hope all goes well.

My friend who was recently dx with breast cancer (actually she was the second in two days) went to urgent care and they told her she had the flu. Well, she was getting sicker and her back was hurting. On Sunday her mom took her back and she ws diagnosed with pneumonia. She goes for pre op today and surgery next week. Of course if her lungers aren't clear they won't be able to do the surgery. Fortunately her BREAC came back negative. She has a sister who is a ten year BC survivor. So she won't have to have the double Mastectomy.

Kathleen: Did you get your wrapping done.

Rosa: What fun to see your co-worker's gifts---and what a fabulous idea to store them and wrap them and only take them home after the children are asleep.

Respected Contributor

I did not wrap a thing. lol After work, we had a party for my friend who is living in Macedonia. About 8 of us got together with her and had a wonderful night. I felt bad for leaving Miss Kyanne that long but we had a wonderful time. Macedonia is a hard place for Christians. Gotta run - be back later

Respected Contributor

How how sweet---I know that she is very special to you. Yes, I know I take my relgious freedems for granted---I need to be reminded no all have this pleasure.

Respected Contributor

Oh Linda, what a beautiful coat but I will not order either. My one is enough. I'm glad you all are getting a little bit of rain. I know in CA when it would rain everyone would run to the window to see it. A strange (to this Texas girl) sight. We are wet and muggy. I've walked up and down the hill to the main office and back several times already. Hope to get my steps in.

My dinner "date" cancelled. She had to work. She is training at a cracker barrel up here, and gets a 45% discount today and told me I could use her discount. I hope to finish my shopping, either at lunch or after work. Yipeeee!

Respected Contributor

45 per cent discount---wow!!!! Cracker Barrel gift shop can be a dangerous place!!!

We had our ladies/men's group Christmas Party at church. It was lovely---we used red and green tablecloths. Had a lovely nativity scene and candles on the tables. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Food was good as usual. Very nice program.

Drove home in drizzle---coming up my street stopped to pick up Mr. Boodles---I wish he would wait for me at the gate---there was a car behind me and a car coming toward me. To my horror I realized Scarlet was out. I guess in my haste to leave I didn't see her slip out of the house. She is so tiny she can slip under the gate---even when I block it----and she is black and white so hard to see on a drizzly dark night---fortunately I got her in the vehicle---she was wet and I think a bit scared. She already had a tousle with a car---which left her bruised and shaken---so I try to make sure she is contained.