Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 12/3)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm not working today or the rest of the week. I'm getting ready for a procedure on Friday. I've already discontinued the aspirin and iron last week. Yesterday evening, I had to start discontinuing the blood thinner. I weighed myself this morning and will weigh myself on Friday morning to see if I lose any weight from this ordeal. I know any weight lost will be temporary.

Santa in the brown suit delivered yesterday my Black Friday purchases--one from the Body Shop and one from Amazon. The challenge for December is to remind myself that I don't need to buy more, unless it is gift bags.

Today will be a good day to focus upon paying the bills and doing things around the house. I did see the TSV presented but I have no desire to purchase it.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 12/3)

I'm going through some files to see what might find a new home. I found the receipt for the hotel in which I stayed while in Australia six years ago. 7 nights in a highly-rated moderate hotel cost me $1475. It was a great place to stay, and I have always wanted to return.

I placed an order with one of my students in the culinary services lab at the Career Center for two trays of 36 Christmas cookies, one of which will go to the vet service and the other is unknown at this time but may be an office gift. They make fabulous pumpkin rolls but I passed this time as I'm trying to be good.

I'm watching the Honora show as I sort, etc. Resistance is not futile!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Oh how lovely---supporting the students and supporting folks who do so much for us!!!

Oh I am waiting on a few goodies to be delivered so I can pass them along also. I don't have any needs---so I have to remind myself that anything I purchase goes out the door.

Is Friday your procedure date? I know the prep is no fun and hopefully no issues will be discovered and you will be ""good to go""!!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning Jean, and all our friends here! I also need to remember there are no needs. I am almost out of a hard to find bodywash and caught myself making an order this morning. I used my cc several times so rethought the purchase and backed out. It can wait a month. I have several shipments coming and hope to wrap as they come in! We will see - despite last nights "Santa Clause" showing I did not start wrapping. DH is due home tomorrow night so I must get some done.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, so thoughtful of you to buy from the youth. Doing the prep is no fun for sure, but hopefully you will get great results. When we went through our file box in January we threw out receipts that were over 40 years old. Why we kept them that long I have no idea. I guess it was the fact that we couldn't see inside of the file cabinet.

RC, I wish my Christmas shopping was as far along as yours. I am hoping when we go to the big city tomorrow & Friday I will get something accomplished.

Today DH & I left the house earlier than usual. We had a nice breakfast out & then went to Shopko for their senior citizen day. I did purchase a nice fluffy fuzzy zip front cardigan in a deep coral. I like those styles to wear while we are traveling rather than a jacket & also for inside of shopping places. My other two are 3 years old & are still holding up very well despite many washings. I also got two really nice pairs of boot socks. They feel soft to my feet & should be great in all of my boots.

I am so glad that my appts. from yesterday are over & done with until May. My toe next to the big toe is still sore. I told that to my rheumatologist & he said soak it in hot water twice a day & if it still hurts come back for an injection. He thinks it will eventually go away by itself. I don't like the injections so that will be my last resort. When I saw the nurse that gave me the bone density test, I told her that is the only pain free thing I get up there. She laughed as she knows that all of my neurological tests are painful. She is the first nurse that I had when I was going through drastic problems 13 years ago. She still asks me if my DH brought me. She remembers when I couldn't walk let alone drive. DH is out for his morning walk.

It is nice & sunny but only in the low 30's today. They say a warmup starting Friday for several days. Hopefully I will get in the Christmas spirit next week & get a few things accomplished. I don't do a lot of decorating but I need to at least get a start.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Hope your procedure goes well, and the preparation isn't too difficult. Glad your Black Friday purchases came, and you ordered those cookies. As LindaR said, that is a lovely idea.

Hi LindaR -- I don't have any "needs" either, and I am trying to not have any "wants".

Waves to Kathleen -- hope you get your wrapping done before DH comes home.

I don't have any big plans for today -- hope to do a little baking and cleaning. Plus go to Curves later. It was very nice on our walk this morning -- in the mid 50's at least. We had some rain last night, was was a very good thing.

waves to Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, Gayle, Rosa, Karen, Val, Nancy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Twinny we are due for warmer temps this weekend and I hope so because carraige rides are more prosperous when the weather is not too cold. No one wants to stand in line for long if it's cold out (although a little nip in the air seems to help). Your nurse sounds so sweet! I know with health issues every little kindness adds up.

Linda what are you baking today? I can't stop thinking about (Michelle's) corn casserole that I made for Thanksgiving. I will maybe have to make it again for the family.

DH called me all happy. I love those phone calls. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's so nice to be covered with kisses when I get up - Angelica is so happy to have her furever home and keeps demonstrating that. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Her new collar with her name and phone number embroidered on it is ordered; I got a cheapie leash in Dollar Tree for now, but will have to get a better one next month - I have too many other expenses to deal with this month.

It's a beautiful day out - warm again, with this nice weather forecast to continue for the next 10 days. Today I have a bunch of packages to mail for the military, and will hopefully get the rest of them out tomorrow. I need to do baking today, and have to go to another Aldi, as the one nearest me was out of buttermilk and unsalted butter.

My Christmas shopping has been done for quite a while now; the only thing I still have to get is a book for my pastor in Hawaii. I got the email from Amazon telling me I can order the Echo, so I'll do that later today - it's not a big rush, since it's my Christmas present from my favorite bear and he won't let me open it until midnight on Christmas Eve. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} One of my cousins said I'm getting a package from Amazon, but not to open it until Christmas; hopefully it's something from my wish list.

Twinny and Jean - sorry you have to go through all those medical procedures; they're never any fun and usually unpleasant.

LindaL, I have to do cleaning as well...but might as well wait until the baking is done.

Guess I'd better get moving; kitty kibble is low, so I also have to hit a Walmart.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

Sounds like everyone is very busy, we have been pretty busy today at work. Steady but not crazy busy. One of the girls I work with has 3 young children and does almost of her Christmas shopping online. We have a back room here that looks like a toy store blew up in it. I love looking at all the new toys and the cute clothes. She keeps everything here and wraps it here and her DH picks it up on Christmas Eve after the kids are asleep.

I saw the preview for the Gili TSV jacket, loved it.

Esteemed Contributor

FHG, What is the Echo? My Christmas shopping hasn't started yet. We are supposed to have mild temps for most of December. Not like your temps, but very pleasant for us. Although most medical procedures are not fun, we are blessed to live in this day & age. I am so glad that your new furbaby is so nice.

RC, what kind of doings are going on in your area this weekend? Yes, a carriage is no fun when it is cold outside. My first carriage was many years ago when we took our DC to Mackinac Island in August. It was only in the 50's & I still remember buying fur lined moccasins & sleeping 4 in one to bed to keep warm as the heat was not turned yet. Those were the days. Happy phone calls are always fun.