Regular Contributor

Is Kathy Levin going to ShopHQ?

She said on facebook there is a big announcement on Shophq at 8:15 pm? Robin

Super Contributor

Re: Is Kathy Levin going to ShopHQ?

Is she going to try her hand at that channel now?? Seems like she's hit them all and nothing is sticking. Seems like once you leave QVC, the once "devoted" audience you did have doesn't matter where you go now and nothing ends up being like they imagined no matter how hard they try.
Honored Contributor

I bet she is.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed there's a gift show on at that time. I bet she's just selling one or two products. I can't imagine she'd move to Minnesota.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

My guess is this is about Evine Live that ShopHQ is starting. There have been threads about it and Kathy L. talked about this a number of months ago. You can google it and see what it's about, somewhat. It's rather confusing.

Honored Contributor

I posted this on the other thread:

Kathy announced the new website EVINE a couple of years ago, and now that's the new ShopHQ site.

(link: http://www.shophq.com/l/evinelive)

Here's an article from 2012:

". . .Of course, Evine will need scale to get there, so he has recruited his co-founder Russel Nuce, former QVC merchant and current President of its Accessories Council, Karen Giberson, as well as former QVC host, Kathy Levine. The startup’s advisors include Thom Beers of Original Productions, Kim Caccavo of Steelpoint Capital, Jim McCann of 1800Flowers, Greg Renker of Guthy Renker, Joan Solotar of the Blackstone Group, and Fred Siegel of Fred Siegel Partners. Evine has also raised $500K in seed financing from these investors, and others, to get the platform off the ground. In the coming months, the team will begin raising its series A. . ."

full article at link: http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/07/evine-launch/

(edited to highlight Kathy's name)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I posted this on 11/13 on ShopHQ is changing their name..............again

I would think that Evine in this case would mean "E" as in electronic online shopping and "vine" as in a plant with tendrils, i.e., a grapevine.

Out of curiosity, I Googled Evine and Kathy Levine and found, among other things, that she has been recruited to join Evine.

For more info, here is a link that I found interesting: http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/07/evine-launch/

Googling would probably bring up more recent info, though.

Esteemed Contributor

I still miss Kathy on QVC. If she moves to ShopHQ, or whatever they call themselves these days, I fear that Kathy will not last long. They will use her name and her old QVC reputation to sell stuff of no quality. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it, since that's been the pattern.
Honored Contributor

On 12/2/2014 seaside shopper said:

I posted this on 11/13 on ShopHQ is changing their name..............again

I would think that Evine in this case would mean "E" as in electronic online shopping and "vine" as in a plant with tendrils, i.e., a grapevine.

Out of curiosity, I Googled Evine and Kathy Levine and found, among other things, that she has been recruited to join Evine.

For more info, here is a link that I found interesting: http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/07/evine-launch/

Googling would probably bring up more recent info, though.

Hi, seaside shopper!Smile That's the same TechCrunch link I posted. It appears there never was a follow-up to that, until the recent switch by ShopHQ. Looks like it's been cooking for a couple of years, now it's a done deal.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I know of an opening on another shopping channel. Maybe Kathy will fill that opening!!!