Frequent Contributor

I purchased a handbag at the Kate Spade store in Indianapolis on Oct. 28. I tried to return the (unused) handbag on Dec. 2 but was told that it was past the 30-day return policy. I asked if I could exchange it or get a store credit and was told that the handbag was now 30% off and that is all the credit I would get - even though I had a receipt proving that I had paid a higher price. To enforce a 30-day return policy is one thing but to NOT give credit for the amount paid is unethical in my view. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Respected Contributor
I hate bad customer service
Trusted Contributor
I suggest calling customer service or email (main web site). I've always found excellent cs with kate spade. Perhaps you had a seasonal associate that wasn't well informed? Poor excuse I know but this really surprises me as I would put their cs on a level with Nordstrom based on my personal experiences. Good luck and hope you get a satisfactory resolution.
Honored Contributor

If they are going to make an exception to the 30 day rule and give you a store credit, it should be for the full amount you paid. Otherwise, they shouldn't allow the return at all.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the tips. I called a Customer Service number and was told that the return policies are each store's discretion. She gave me another 800 to call to complain about this particular store's return policy but I think that puts me back where I started. sigh

This is my first Kate Spade purchase. Should have purchased it at Nordstrom as they had the same handbag and their return policy is much more reasonable.

Respected Contributor

Hum, I'd nicely call and ask to speak with manager of customer service. See it that gets U anywhere.

Super Contributor

That is just terrible. You should write or email--don't let one customer service person stop you. Start at the top. I just ordered some jewelry from Kate Spade and I hate to hear this.

Valued Contributor

I love Kate Spade's products. I don't like their policies. They also have a no return or exchange policy on anything that is discounted more than 50%. It's just shady.

Respected Contributor
On 12/2/2014 Angel Cake said:

I love Kate Spade's products. I don't like their policies. They also have a no return or exchange policy on anything that is discounted more than 50%. It's just shady.

It's not shady. It is stated on right on their website. 'No exchange on discounted items more than 50%'. Others do the same.

Honored Contributor
On 12/2/2014 Skylands said:
On 12/2/2014 Angel Cake said:

It's not shady. It is stated on right on their website. 'No exchange on discounted items more than 50%'. Others do the same.

I agree with Skyland. It is stated. I my not always agree with the policy, but it is stated. They will refund the sale price difference within a 30 day period. IF you paid regular , full price. If you got it on sale, and it goes cheaper, they don't refund difference.

One thing you have to say about QVC, is they do not have sales, so one doesn't find yourself in the sale thing. Feeling cheated. I do hate that!! I hate when I pay a fortune for a bag, and 6 weeks later it is reduced. I always feel I should think, can I wait and take the chance it will be around when the sale comes around?

I love Kate Spade, but she has sales every week. The secret sales give you sales on new arrivals. Nothing is sacred, lol! Take your chances. Except for the Chinese Take out Box Bag, I always wait for a sale. 8 weeks ago I bought the bag at NM, full price. Now it is 70 bucks off. I do feel better knowing I got 8% mr rebates, and I got 10,000 points at NM for buying it on a special day they set aside. That 10,000 points earned me a 100 gift card, Mr rebates gave me 32 dollars rebate/ So it worked this time.

ittyreen I am so sorry this happened with your bag. It really is maddening