Super Contributor

How frequently do you wear your favorite scarves?

Recently I purchased a brown/ivory/light blue plaid cashmere/silk scarf from Nordstrom that was featured in a blog (The Vivienne Files). I love the scarf and how well it works with several pieces in my wardrobe.

Is it overkill to wear it once a week to work (with different clothing pieces)?

I don't wear scarves as often as some of you, so I've never had this "issue" before. How frequently do you wear your favorites?

Trusted Contributor

Re: How frequently do you wear your favorite scarves?

Absolutely! Once a week is fine. I have been wearing scarves forever and have a huge collection.

I have four of these filled (got them at Christmas Tree Shop, but recently saw them at 5 Below).

I pretty much wear one every day.

ETA that I forgot to mention that my scarves are organized on those above in color families. If I want blues, I go to that holder and so on.

Frequent Contributor

Whenever it snows or is very cold and windy.

Super Contributor

Everyday. I never leave home w/o one. I've been wearing scarves since I got one as a gift in 1970. I still have it and hundreds of others!

Honored Contributor

It's like wearing the same patterened blouse every week. A plaid with colors is memorable. It isn't in the background like a neutral. I'd space it out to every other week.

I do wear scarves about twice a week but they are different.

I got this scarf hanger and it's beyond terrific. I fold them in half then just place the loop from the back side. One loop for scarves. I have one for summer and one for winter. Ikea-Amazon

• Ikea Komplement Multi-use Hanger, White
Super Contributor

Ever since I saw QVC models wearing those tight eternity scarves

with clothes back in June..I don't wear them.

I mean they look way too warm for summer

and now in the winter..I think I would feel suffocated

wearing them unless I wore them outside with a heavy

coat.

Regular Contributor

I love scarves too and I think it is perfectly fine to wear the same scarf once a week.

Honored Contributor

I think once a week for a favorite is fine, especially if you also wear others throughout the week. Most people aren't paying that much attention to what anyone else is wearing unless it is very obvious. They are more concerned with if people are noticing what they have on, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Once a week is fine. You're changing it up with different outfits so there's the variety.

Valued Contributor

On 12/2/2014 ECBG said:

It's like wearing the same patterened blouse every week. A plaid with colors is memorable. It isn't in the background like a neutral. I'd space it out to every other week.

I do wear scarves about twice a week but they are different.

Seriously???? It's a scarf, not a blouse! There is a difference. It's like saying, wearing the same coat every day is an overkill!