Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Cyber Monday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I have been busy around the house this morning, trying to get some things done before the furnace man comes. We are getting the furnace checked for the winter, I don't expect any problems so this should not take long. I have a bunch of running around to do before I go to physical therapy for my back, so I am hoping he get here early and not late. He is supposed to be here between 9-11, I have a feeling it will be at 11:00.

Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? I haven't even started. I am at a loss what to get DH, he never wants or needs anything so it makes shopping challenging.

Jean - Have a good day at work.

LindaL - Hope DH is doing well.

Well off to do something else before the furnace guy gets here. Have a good morning everyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Cyber Monday

good morning Susan! Thanks for starting us. I woke up and it was warm, but old man winter blew in and the temp is dropping.

I am about to go get some dental work done, praying that this new girl is good and gentle. Smiley Very Happy

I am mostly done with my shopping, just a few small things for girls and one big gift for MissIOnlyWantThisOneExpensiveThing. Smiley Happy I have about 3 pkgs on the way and ordered myself a pair of boots because they were such a good deal (and replacement pair) that I couldn't not get them.

Not much else happening here!

Respected Contributor

Yes, Old man winter blew into my area at 7:00 am Wind started howling and temps dropping. After 70's yesterday I really feel it today.

Oh a trip to the DDS---not much fun.

Susan hope your furnace man is timely and your PT is helpful.

Respected Contributor

I saw a segment on Amazon. Showed a fullfillment center---it was massive--amazing they can pull and ship products so quickly.

I also heard that Bud is retiring the Clydesdales in their commercials. I always loved them and they were so lovely---an end of an era!.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon everyone, the furnace man was here and everything was okay. Now I need to get out and do a few things before PT.

LindaR - Sorry about the drop in temps our temps are dropping today, it is now 37 and it is supposed to keep dropping. I am also going to be sad that Bud is retiring the horses, I always thought they were the best commercials (sometimes they were such tear jerker).

Kathleen - Glad you found a great pair of replacement boots.

Well need to get motivated, have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, we are waiting for our furnace man to come the clean the furnace. He was in town two weeks ago, but we were busy that day. I have done ZERO Christmas shopping. I don't know what to get the DGC or our DC & their spouses. Hopefully I will get ideas before Thursday as we are taking our vehicle to get it rust proofed that day & we will be in the "big" city.

RC, the dentist UGH. Prayers that you are treated gently. When we were kids our dentist was rough & never used novacaine, so I am still scared to get dental work done. Now our dentist is gentle but I still don't like going there.

Linda R, Old man winter kicked in here yesterday. It was a chill factor of minus 1 this morning & will be very cold until about Friday. Then it will be in the mid 30's for a few days. anything above 32 degrees is great for me. The Amazon segment would be fun to see. My MIL has a really nice set of the Clydesdales (statues).

It has been a busy morning around here. I went to get my new glasses first thing this morning. My BIL is my eye Dr. & his clinic is about 45 minutes away. Then on the way home we gassed up as the gas price had just gone down to $2.70 a gal. Ours in town is still at $2.79. Then it was on to the grocery store to get my 3 gallon water jug refilled. I need to wash lots of sheets as our company left yesterday & then I can remake the beds. Our company was fun. Tomorrow I get lab work done, bone density test, Dr. visit with my rheumatologist & my GP. I'll be glad when that is all over.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Hope the furnace guy got there in time, and you get things done before PT. I found PT really helped after my accident, but it did take time. Also hope you can find gifts for your DH. Men are usually difficult to buy for in my opinion. DH is okay -- it is sort of up and down, but.... Thanks for asking.

Good luck with your dental work Kathleen. Glad you have most of your shopping done. What is the one expensive thing DD wants? Just curious.

Hope it doesn't get too cold there LindaR. We are still having nice weather, above average during the day (70's), which pleases me a lot. It was pretty cool on our walk this morning (40's).

Waves to Jean (working today), twinny, Arlene, Marijane, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, Val, Nancy, Sonya, Kelli, and all of our posters and readers.

My electric toothbrush (Oral B) is wearing out (needs charging all the time), and I was hopeful the company would do a repair or replacement, but no such luck. They give a two year guaranty, and I have had the toothbrush for 2 1/2 years. They will send me a $10 coupon for a new one, but I went ahead and ordered a new one from Amazon today since it was available for a reduced price. They are supposed to last 3-5 years according to the rep.

It must have been interesting to see the Amazon fulfilment center LindaR. They would have to be very organized to get things to you so quickly.

I'll miss seeing those horses as well. But, I have to admit seeing them didn't result in my purchasing the beer, which is probably their main purpose. LOL

I got the tree up, and quite a few decorations on it, but I need to go back to the storage room to get one more box. I think I have too many decorations, but.....

Other than going to Curves, no "must do" items on my list today. That is a good thing.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- you have certainly been busy today twinny. Hope your appointments go well tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

Hello!

I am finished, but I do not have a long list. IThis time of year with all the sales is hard for me to resist shopping for myself

Not too busy here today.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, glad the furnace was a quick job. Good luck at PT. I have had PT a few times & found it to be very helpful but painful. Our high temp is supposed to be 15 today & 17 tomorrow. Then a nice warm up to the 30's by Friday.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa, You are lucky to be done with your shopping. I don't have many to buy for either, so that is a good thing. I got a late start this year on account of my mom's Eye problems. Now that situation is getting better & I have time to think again.