Respected Contributor

Yeah I am asking about socks, very exciting......

This time of year I wear a lot of boots, shooties, riding boots,etc.

I am looking for a socks with a little padding in the heel, toe area. I bought a pair of wool/cashmere socks but they make the shoes too tight or cause my foot to slip/slide to the front of the shoe pinching my toes.

Has anyone seen or found a padded sock that may help me?

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I don't know if this would help, but I bought some fleece socks from LLBean last year, and they also happened to have the little "no skid pads" (not sure what they're called). The "no skid thingies" seemed to also add a little cushion, but I don't know if it would be enough to make a difference for you. I bought mine in solid gray, and wear them with boots (also, sometimes wear them to bed).

eta: I guess they're referred to as "non skid" socks (I was close!).

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor
Costco has some pretty wool blend ladies socks....they come in many colors and patterns for the winter season........I bought several pairs about a week ago and have enjoyed wearing them these last week...
Respected Contributor

I wear only Wigwam king cotton crew socks! They are all-cotton and are padded for comfort. They are very expensive, but last a longggggggg time!

Respected Contributor
On 11/28/2014 Pickwickpapers said: Costco has some pretty wool blend ladies socks....they come in many colors and patterns for the winter season........I bought several pairs about a week ago and have enjoyed wearing them these last week...

I like those Costco socks. Another superior brand is Thorlo, but they are a little pricey.

Respected Contributor

Thank you I have never heard of Wigwam, I found Thorlo online earlier today, I am curious if they are so padded that my shoes will be too tight.

Respected Contributor

You might want to check out the FootSmart website. I get their catalog and they have all kinds of socks available. You might find what you are looking for there.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor
On 11/28/2014 Abrowneyegirl said:

Thank you I have never heard of Wigwam, I found Thorlo online earlier today, I am curious if they are so padded that my shoes will be too tight.

That could happen.

Respected Contributor
On 11/28/2014 happygal said:

That could happen. Call them?

Once they had a special, and you could get a pair of socks to try for S&H, it was about $4.59. Maybe that deal is still on.

LATER--I just found a link to the "free" pair offer: https://www.thorlo.com/free-sock-offer

Respected Contributor

That could happen. Call them?

Once they had a special, and you could get a pair of socks to try for S&H, it was about $4.59. Maybe that deal is still on.

LATER--I just found a link to the "free" pair offer: https://www.thorlo.com/free-sock-offer

Thank you I will try this! hugs