Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 11/25)

Good morning, shopping friends. All I have heard this morning from the weather people is that today is the last good day to get out and do things without a weather threat, and that if people are heading east over the mountains for Thanksgiving Wednesday will not be a good day for travel there.

I have a load of things to take to Good Will. I have no desire for it to sit here until the next possible good travel time. As a result, I plan to take it to the city today and possibly get my nails done. I don't have a need to shop so the crowds taking advantage of the last good day before Thanksgiving is not a negative for me.

I would like to welcome Kathleen back from Vegas. I know she had a wonderful time, and the formal picture posted on FB was a fabulous one. She looked great in her outfit.

My friend who had the heart cath ended up with 3 stints and an angioplasty. He is complaining about the hospital food, so that means he is feeling much better when he is in a complaint mode.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 11/25)

Good morning!

I would love to see a picture of Kathleen all dolled up! I am not on facebook.

I went to Kroger yesterday after work, thinking I was going to beat the Thanksgiving shoppers, we all had the same great idea. It was crowded but almost like a social event, almost everyone in town was there.

Kona, you are so right when complaining starts the patient is on the mend!

I am doing well, my son and I will be spending Thanksgiving with good friends. The good news is she is a gourmet cook. and the food will be amazing as well as the company. My DIL has to work so DS will fix her a plate to take to the police station and spend some time with her.

Last night on PMS there was a Logo animal print top that was very hard for me to resisit, but the fact that I just had to put a new fan motor on one of my heat pumps made the decision easy{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I hope that everyone is well.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--Good job on resisting that Logo animal print top. I saw it and was tempted myself. Other expenses do take priority. It sounds as if you will have a good Thanksgiving. Amazing food and amazing company makes for a great day. I could post the photo but I'll let Kathleen do that.

I am trying to get motivated to go to the city but it is so relaxing resting here this morning with time to do things in afternoon. If I go to the city, the day will be shot but I don't want to venture out if the weather is bad nor do I want to go on Black Friday or the weekend.

I see the Body Shop Black Friday tote special is up. I'll debate that as it is a good selection of items.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello Jean and Rosa,

Crisp day here, just back from walking the dog. The weather here this week is supposed to be good, welcomed after a few soggy days earlier.

I went and bought a few items for our upcoming Thanksgiving Day potluck. I am now looking forward to it.

Jean, I did the same thing yesterday...took a big load to a thrift shop. I now have some room in my closet. There were some things I was holding on to that I have no idea why I was. It is nice to have some space.

I need to buy a new coffeemaker, mine is on it's last leg. That is about it on this end.

Valued Contributor

EGW are you thinking Keurig for your coffee maker?

I have had one for several years and love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Wonder if you decided to go into the city today. Sorry about that weather prediction for your area. It is supposed to snow in DD's area tomorrow. Hope it isn't too much. Fortunately, there is no school tomorrow, but my SIL should go to into work (quite a distance), if possible. He often can work from home, but his boss had to go away to South Carolina, so I guess he is in charge.

I had a Vietnam Veterans pick up today, only one bag was ready, but.... Glad your friend is feeling well enough to complain about the hospital food. That is definitely progress.

Hi Rosa -- your Thanksgiving plans sound great. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from my volunteer job today, and the place was packed. I was happy that I only needed one item and to use the bank in the store. I can definitely relate about needing to spend money on house repairs rather than fun stuff, but some house repairs are necessary. There will always be another top.

Waves to Gayle -- hope you are feeling warm now. It was a bit warmer here this morning on our walk, but last night was pretty cold. In fact, I was cold all day yesterday and ended up using the heater while DH and I were watching Netflix last night. And, the heat came on last night. The funny thing is that after this cold spell (low 30's last night), it is supposed to turn quite warm by Thursday -- perhaps even 80 degrees. Good luck with the coffee marker purchase. I definitely enjoy coffee (as you can tell by my name, LOL), and I need a good coffeemaker in the house. Instant coffee just doesn't make it in my book.

I'm feeling better, but still have some pain. I made it to Curves yesterday, and I am planning to go to the gym this afternoon. DH's podiatrist appointment went well, and we will return in three months. He still has some fungus, but his toenails are better.

Kathleen's FB pictures were very good. Hopefully, she can share some here. Sounds like they had a wonderful time at the Marine Ball, etc.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, LindaR, Marijane, Susan, Karen, Val, CouponQueen, Nancy, Sonya, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's cloudy and overcast, but not cold - if I get a burst of energy before it gets dark, I'll finish raking the leaves.

I got a bunch of books from the library to see me through the weekend; today I have to get some baking done for an order I got that has to be delivered tomorrow, and maybe I'll get some more cleaning finished. I had an ugly "thing" at the top of my stairs - the prior owners made a family tree of hand prints made by dipping their hands in paint and "framed" it with molding on a narrow section of wall. I couldn't just paint over it, as I'd then have to paint the entire upstairs hall, and have been putting off dealing with it. I ended up getting a can of spray paint with built-in primer that coordinates with the rest of the hallway and sprayed over that mess; after I repaint the molding in white I'm going to make a sort of collage of plaques and wall hangings that I have inside the frame. The spray paint was much faster and easier to use than I had expected; the job was done in no time. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

LindaL, I have a bunch of stuff to take to the thrift shop; first I have to get the car trunk cleared out. Maybe that'll get done next week. I have a problem with toenail fungus, but just one one foot. Nothing seems to help. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I have no desire to buy anything, apart from the Echo on Amazon, but haven't gotten the email invitation yet - I'm thinking they might do it Friday. There's really nothing that I need or even want, although I'll probably replace my LL Bean slippers early next year - these are getting really worn after three years' wear.

Guess I should get moving and do something...

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Here is the photo:

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Thank you for the welcome home. We were worn out today, and my boss encouraged me to take the day off so we took our time driving home. Picked up the dog on the way.

I have a big box of things to pass along to the thrift, and hoping that the girls will help me do some more.

This one was after all the dancing:

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--I have a Black and Decker coffeemaker that is doing a fabulous job and has for over two years. It replaced the short-term use of a Keurig that I bought thinking it would be better than the previous Black and Decker. I wasted no time getting another Black and Decker similar to the one I had. The Keurig went bye-bye! It just didn't make coffee as hot or as strong as I was used to. I think the water went through too fast for the flavor to develop. As it is, I can flip a switch on the coffee maker, go to the bathroom to use it and come back to a cup of coffee on the pause brewing. About the same amount of time as the Keurig for a cup.

Linda--Glad you are feeling better and are having less pain. It is also good that DH's podiatrist appointment went well. Loved your Batman and Batgirl pictures on FB.

Arlene--The word is that the invitations for Echo have been sent out, according to a thread on the Q board. I would love to have one but wouldn't pay the full price.

I went to the city where I saw my friend in the hospital, got my nails done, dropped off a load at Good Will, and then called two doctors regarding a symptom experienced that they had requested I notify them if it developed...and it did today. I'll see my primary care doctor on Friday morning.

I saw a sign at the Mall that most stores would be open at 6pm on Thanksgiving Day.